Asparagus Pasta Salad
I’m always looking to try new healthy meals and last week I picked up some fresh asparagus at my local Farmer’s Market. I thought I’d whip up a quick and delicious pasta salad with the crunchy asparagus, lemon juice, pecans, and green onions.
It was absolutely refreshing and filling! I’m sharing the easy and quick recipe with ya’ll today!
- Asparagus, one bunch
- 1/4 cup green onions,chopped
- 1/4 cup pecans, chopped
- 2 TBSP EVOO
- 1-2 TBSP lemon juice, depending on personal preference
- 1/2 lb. penne pasta, half the box
- salt and pepper
- Bring a pot of salted water to a boil and cook the penne until al dente. Drain.
- Chop up the asparagus, green onions, and pecans.
- Add them to the drained pasta.
- Then add the lemon juice and evoo. Add a little salt and pepper to taste.