Buttermilk Baked Chicken
Today I’m sharing a wonderfully simple recipe for baked chicken! I LOVE incorporating buttermilk into many of my recipes and this Buttermilk Baked Chicken is such a delicious dish!
Using Panko gives it that much needed “crunch” and the addition of buttermilk, lemon, and parmesan cheese blend together perfectly to create a crowd pleasing recipe!
Make your “crunchy” topping of panko, garlic, parmesan cheese, and parsely.
Roll chicken breasts into the mixture- first by covering it in the buttermilk/lemon juice and then in the panko mixture.
Then melt some butter and pour it over top all the chicken and set it in the oven.
Bake for 25 minutes or until the internal temperature of the chicken reaches 165 F.
Voila! You have yourself an amazingly delicious recipe that is super tasty!
- 2-3 pounds of thin sliced, boneless skinless chicken breast
- 2/3 cup buttermilk
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 2 cups panko
- 1/4 cup minced garlic
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 Tbsp parsley, dried
- salt and pepper
- Preheat the oven to 400 F.
- Mix the buttermilk with the lemon juice.
- Then mix the panko, garlic, parmesan cheese,parsley, salt and pepper in another bowl.
- Place the buttermilk mixture in a baking dish and the panko mix in a wide dish or plate.
- Then place the chicken pieces, one at a time, into the buttermilk mixture and then immediately into the panko mixture.
- After all the pieces have been coated, place them in a baking pan.
- Melt the butter in the microwave and then pour it over top all the chicken.
- Bake 25 minutes or until the internal temperature reaches at least 165 F.