Cilantro Lime Coconut Rice
The #1 side served in our house is hands down rice! All kinds of flavored rices, sticky rice, brown rice, jasmine rice, etc! We just love rice! So, today I thought I’d share with you one of my favorites – Cilantro Lime Coconut Rice! It’s flavor is killer good!
- 1 cup jasmine rice
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 lime, zested
- 2 tsp. fresh lime juice
- 4 tsp. finely chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/8 tsp. salt
- 1/8 tsp. pepper
- Rinse rice under cold water until water runs clear. This gets rid of some starch from the rice so the rice is not too sticky.
- In a large sauce pan, add the rice, coconut milk, water, salt and pepper.
- Bring to a simmer and cook with the lid partially covering on medium-low heat. Do this until all the liquid is absorbed. Approx 15 mins (sometimes a min or two less).
- Immediately after removing from heat, use a fork to fluff the rice. Then stir in the lime zest, lime juice and cilantro. Serve immediately.
- Have each individual salt and pepper to taste. ENJOY!
I love to pair this recipe with taco’s and stir-fry the most!!