Ready for some great fall food?
Short Ribs is total comfort food and it is sure to warm up the soul!
The mixture of meat, bacon, carrots, and onions….OH MY!
and don’t forget the addition of all the fresh herbs that send it over the top!
- 2-4 sprigs rosemary & thyme, fresh
- 1 package beef short ribs, my package had 7-8
- 1/2 pound bacon
- 1/4 cup flour
- 3 Tbsp evoo
- 1 onion, roughly diced
- 4 carrots, diced
- 2 cups red wine
- 2 cups chicken broth
- Begin by setting the ribs out and patting them with a paper towel, then dump them in flour on both sides and keep to the side. Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Get a Dutch Oven out and cook the bacon, saving the grease.
- Add evoo to it and place the ribs inside, let them cook for about 1 minute and then flip to the other side. Take ribs out and then add the carrots and onion. Add the red wine and mix everything together. Cook about 3 minutes, then add chicken broth, herbs, and replace the ribs putting them back in.
- With your preheated oven, place Dutch Oven inside with the lid on and cook for 2 hours. After that lower the oven temperature to 325 F and continue to cook for 45 more minutes.
- Remove Dutch Oven and let rest for 15 minutes with the lid on. Then before serving remove any excess fat. The ribs will be very tender.
Set those beautiful bones into the Dutch Oven and cook for 1 minute on each side and then remove.
Get all the veggies simmering away in a broth/wine mixture.
Add short ribs back in and top with fresh herbs!
Follow cooking directions on the recipe card! Finished meal….delicious and savory! Perfect for the cooler weather months!