- 2 slices of bread
- 2 eggs
- red food coloring
- non-stick cooking spray
- salt & pepper to taste
- In a small bowl, crack the eggs and add a drop or two of the food coloring. Whisk until combined.
- Using kitchen shears or a heart-shaped cookie cutter, cut out a heart in the middle of a piece of bread. (Use those cute little heart-shaped bread pieces to make french toast on another day.)
- Spray a pan with non-stick spray, then place your bread in the pan. Pour the egg into the heart and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Let it cook for about 5 minutes, or until the egg is set.
- Flip the egg and bread and continue cooking on the other side to toast it and until the egg is to your liking.
…and that is it!
Serve with a side of strawberries and dig in!
Here are a few more Valentine treats you might enjoy:
Happy Valentines Day!!!