What’s better than making a homemade pizza? Making Homemade Pizza Sauce as the base!
Today I’m sharing my recipe that I use for all homemade pizza’s and it does not disappoint!
I LOVE the smell of basil, and when you begin chopping up all the tomatoes and garlic and then add in the basil….wow!
Your entire house will smell fantastic!
Here’s all the yummy ingredients you’ll need…
Begin by chopping up all the tomatoes.
Look at that glorious basil 🙂
Roll up and basil and slice up.
Add it all to the pan along with the minced garlic and optional parmesan cheese.
After simmering for a bit, you will have yourself a WONDERFUL homemade pizza sauce!
- 4-5 tomatoes, chopped
- 2 TBSP olive oil
- 8-10 basil leaves, chopped
- 1-2TBSP garlic, minced
- salt and pepper (as needed)
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese, optional
- Begin by washing the tomatoes and then chopping them up.
- In a medium saucepan, add the olive oil and tomatoes. Begin cooking on medium for 3-5 minutes and then add in the garlic, parmesan cheese (optional), basil, and a little salt and pepper.
- Let cook and simmer for about 10-15 minutes, until the tomatoes are super soft and begin breaking apart.
- Then add them to the pizza crust and you have a delicious pizza!
Spread it all over your pizza crust and you’re good to go!
This pizza sauce goes GREAT with this Homemade Margherita Pizza!