Roasted Cherry Tomato Pasta
Hello! Today I am sharing a deliciously easy and tasty pasta dish – Roasted Cherry Tomato Pasta!
It is super simple with roasted cherry tomatoes, basil, olive oil, rigatoni and a little melted cheese….need I say more?
You can eat it warm for dinner with salad and bread and then save the leftovers for lunch the next day and it is delicious cold too!
This is for sure one of my favorite under 30 minutes dinners and you will quickly see why!
Roast those lil guys in the oven until they all puckered and perfect!
After cooking the pasta, throw everything into a big bowl and mix up.
Add some mozzarella cheese and let it begin to melt all over….enjoy!
- 3 pints cherry tomatoes
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 12 ounces rigatoni pasta
- 2 Tbsp fresh basil, chopped
- 2 cloves fresh garlic, sliced
- 1/4 cup fresh mozzarella, sliced
- salt and pepper, optional
- Preheat oven to 400 F. In a bowl mix the tomatoes with 2 Tbsp olive oil, 3/4 tsp salt and 1/4 tsp pepper. Then place on a baking sheet and roast in oven for 15-18 minutes.
- While that is cooking, boil the water for the pasta. Add it and cook al dente according to package. Save about 1/4-1/2 cup pasta water.
- In a skillet, heat 2 Tbsp olive oil on medium heat. Add the garlic and cook for approximately 2-4 minutes, and then add it to the bowl of tomatoes.
- Add pasta to the bowl using a little bit of the reserved water to loosen everything up. Toss in the basil and add salt and pepper as needed.