Super Fast Chicken Freezer Meals

Freezer2Button

I decided to do a round of Freezer Meals this last week!  Originally, Jessica from Pretty Providence and I were going to do them together again, but I had a sick 2 year old and with her having a newborn baby girl, we decided not to risk it.  RSV is popping up all over the place right now in babies… and I didn’t want to chance her Nora getting sick.

All of these meals were pretty much a chicken and a sauce, so they were SO fast to put together.  These are all the type of meals that I will serve with Rice and a quick veggie.  I made 5 new recipes, plus 2 recipes from Freezer Meals from Round #1!  And, I made 2 of each recipe!  So, I ended up with 14 freezer meals in about 1 1/2 hours!  Can I hear a WOO WOO!!

All the recipes are ingredients for ONE Freezer Meal.  So, if you’re doing two, then you’ll need double what the typed recipe reads!

Recipe #1: French Chicken

I got this recipe from my sister, who got it from a friend.  I have made it a ton of times, but this was my first time putting it together for a Freezer meal!  It’ll be nice to have it all ready!  I generally just serve it with Rice!

FrenchChickenIngredients

4-6 Chicken Breasts (I use the Costco Pouches and generally 3 to 4 breasts is PLENTY for my family of 4)

1 can of Cranberry Sauce (I like Whole Berry best for this recipe)

8 oz of French Dressing

1 packet of Lipton Onion Soup Mix

Mix Chicken, Cranberry Sauce, French Dressing and Lipton Onion Soup Mix in a Gallon Freezer Ziplock Bag.  After closing, take your hands and smash all the ingredients to combine.

To cook: Take the Freezer Meal out of the Freezer and hour before starting or run it under some room temperature water for about 30 seconds.  Dump meal in the a Crockpot and cook on Low for 4-6 hours!

FrenchChicken

Recipe #2: Teriyaki Chicken

This recipe is from my mother-in-law!  It’s a recipe that I generally bake, but have made using a crockpot before.  It’s one of my families favorites!

TeryakiChickenIngredients

6-8 Bonesless, Skinless Chicken Thighs

1 Cup Teriyaki Sauce

1 Cup Water

2/3 Cup Brown Sugar

3 Cloves Garlic

A few slices of of Ginger

Add all ingredients to a Freezer Gallon Ziplock Bag!  Don’t stres about trimming up the Chicken Thighs too much, it’s really not needed!  One of the reasons I love crockpotting Chicken Thighs is because the fat melts and only adds to the taste!!  Once bag is closed with all the air out use your hands to mix all the ingredients and make sure the Thighs are sitting in a good sauce!!

To cook: Take the Freezer Meal out of the Freezer and hour before starting OR run it under some room temperature water for about 30 seconds.  Dump meal in the a Crockpot and cook on Low for 4-6 hours!

TeryakiChicken

Recipe #3: Sweet BBQ Chicken

I adapted this recipe from one that a friend shared with me from Just a Pinch Recipes.  If you decide to use a Sweet BBQ Sauce, then you’ll want to reduce the amount of Brown Sugar you use.

BBQChickenIngredients

4-6 Chicken Breasts

12 oz bottle of BBQ Sauce

1/2 Cup Brown Sugar (I like mine really sweet, so I’ll usually do a little bit more then this)

1/4 Cup Vinegar

1/8 teaspoon of Cayenne Pepper

1 tsp Garlic Powder

Once the chicken is cleaned, I like to rub it with the Cayenne Pepper.  But, if you’re in a hurry you can just add the Chicken to a Freezer Gallon Ziplock Bag and then add the rest of the ingredients.  Once bag is closed, use your hands to mash all the ingredients together!

BBQChicken

Recipe #4: Creamy Chicken Italian-O

I got this recipe from Lisa actually!  It’s a yummy one! Enjoy!

CreamyChickenIngredients

4-6 Chicken Breasts

8 oz Cream Cheese

1 Can of Cream of Chicken

1 Dry Packet of Italian Seasoning

Take softened Cream Cheese, Cream of Chicken and Italian Seasoning and mix together in a bowl.  Take cleaned chicken and place in a Freezer Gallon Ziplock Bag and top with the mixture.  After Ziplock bag is closed, take your hands and push wet mixture to cover chicken.

CreamyChickenMixture

To cook: Take the Freezer Meal out of the Freezer and hour before starting OR run it under some room temperature water for about 30 seconds.  Dump meal in the a Crockpot and cook on Low for 4-6 hours!

CreamChiken

Recipe #5: Cafe Rio Crockpot Chicken

I got this recipe from Chef in Training!

CafeRioChickenIngredients

4-6 Chicken Breasts

1/2 a small bottle of Zesty Italian Dressing

1 Packet of Dry Ranch Dressing (3 TB)

1/2 Cup Water

1/2 TB of Minced Garlic

1/2 TB Chili Powder

1/2 TB Ground Cumin

Combine all ingredients in a Freezer Gallon Ziplock Bag.  Once ziplock bag is closed, take your hands and combine all ingredients together well.

CafeRioChicken

I also made a couple of the Freezer Meal Recipes from Round #1.  I made a couple Worlds Best Chicken Freezer Meals and a couple Garlic Lime Chicken Freezer Meals.  My husband really enjoyed both of those last time!

Recipe #6: Garlic Lime Chicken

GarlicLime

Recipe #7: Worlds Best Chicken

WorldsBestChicken

It feels so good to have my Deep Freezer FULL!  WooWoo!!  I hope these recipes are ones that you and your family enjoy!  Good luck filling up your freezers!

Want to keep up with us at Over the Big Moon….click here to learn how to subscribe!

Pam Dana

I am a wife and mom that is over the moon for family, traditions and fun! I love to share lots of printables, DIY's, kids activities and my families favorite recipes! I am married to my husband, Scott, and we have 3 beautiful children and together they are my world!

Comments (102)

Nicole

Question…I’ve always been told that you should discard the sauce or marinade that raw meat or chicken has been marinading in and then after the meat or chicken is cooked, add “fresh” sauce. Have I been told wrong all this time or why does this not apply to these dishes?

johnlisa02

If you boil the sauce it should be fine and kill all of the bacteria. Just like raw chicken has bacteria but cooked chicken doesn’t. By cooking the sauce in the crock pot all day you kill the bad bacteria.

Nicole

I was always leery about doing freezer meals because of the question of bacteria. Thanks! 🙂

Missy

I freeze the meat Ina separate bag because of concerns about bacteria.

Jessica Schroeder

I am so excited to have found these recipes! I am gonna make these next weekend to prepare for the birth of my 1st child. These will be a lifesaver!

ML White

Love your recipes. They are the kind of meals my family eats. Preparing myself for freezer crock pot meals for the first time. Thanks for sharing your easy recipes.

Auntie

It would be a good idea to put the date on your freezer meals so they get rotated properly. Without dates they tend to get shoved to the back and forgotten. Also, check your freezer’s instruction book so you’ll know how long you can safely keep them. Frost-free freezers will keep things for a much shorter time that manual defrost freezers.

Lisa Dille Carrelli

Was the chicken frozen when you first put it in the bag with the ingredients??

Rowanvamp0

I would also like to know I’m a newbie to freezer cooking.

Michelle Nguyen-Gonzalez

Thank you so much for posting! I made two batches of each recipe this week. Love #4 and 7! #6 was a little too salty and lime was too overpowering for our taste. I forgot to add lime to this bag, so next time I just won’t add it and ill add more water and sugar to balance out the salt. You’re amazing! Thanks so much for compiling these.

Becki

Garlic lime chicken is very salty. The rest have been very yummy.

Beverly

These all sound awesome. We are retired, but my husband still expects me to cook just about every night. I’ve tried to tell him that I’m retired too, but these sound easy. Thanks so much for sharing.

Judy Carter

Hi: I am new to this site, so please forgive my ignorance. Do you combine all the ingredients and THEN freeze? And defrost for an hour or so before placing in the crock pot? I just wanted to make sure before I tried this. It looks like SUCH a time saver, and I’m ALWAYS looking for ways to make chicken taste better. Thanks!

Pam

Yes, combine everything according to the instructions and then freeze. I just run my frozen bag under warm water to loosen it from the sides of the bag for a few seconds and then place it in the crockpot! Thanks for the comment and good luck!

Pam

kelly

Aren’t you supposed to thaw meat in cold water?

Heidi L.

Kelly, I believe the point is to just get the stuff in the bag loosened up to be able to get it into the crock pot….not actually thaw the meat.

overthebigmoon

Yes, correct! Thanks – I must have missed this question!

Gayle

You are my hero!!! Hubby and kids have tons of allergies and are difficult to cook for. I have lost all interest in cooking. All of these recipes will work for us. Can’t wait to get started! Thank you!

Jenna

oven cooking instructions if we don’t want to use a crock pot?

overthebigmoon

I would say probably 34-45 minutes at 350 degrees. You really just need to make sure the chicken is cooked all the way through!

Keleyna Staves

I’ve tried doing the cream cheese one and every time I do it I have to throw it away; the cream cheese always looks and smells curdled no matter the cook time or temp in my crock pot. 🙁 Do you have any ideas on that?

overthebigmoon

I’m sorry- I’ve never had a problem with the Cream Cheese. Once the cream cheese mixes with everything else it’s just part of the sauce and I’ve never noticed any curdling or smell issues. How long are you freezing it for?

Jen R.

I’ve used this recipe before and mine says to add the soup and cream cheese just for the last 30-60 minutes on high. That way there’s no curdling and you just get it all heated up together.

Pam

Generally we serve rice and a veggie with them!

Pam @ Over the Big Moon

Mary Adiutori

My crockpot says do not use frozen meat. New crockpot, new at trying these recipes. Cooking on high and hoping for the best.

Stephanie Chambers

I usually thaw my crock pot freezer meals in the fridge overnight, then put it in the crock pot in the am.