It seems to be that time of year when everyone is getting sick and germs are rampent.
With that being said, I decided to make up some homemade Chicken Noodle Soup to feel better.
This is the perfect recipe. It makes a large amount, the flavors are spot on, and the aroma that fills the house is delicious!
This recipe makes a ton, so you can either have leftovers or freeze the rest!
Chicken Noodle Soup
- 1 Tbsp butter
- ¼ cup onion chopped
- ½ cup celery chopped
- 4 14.5 oz cans chicken broth
- 1 14.5 oz can vegetable broth
- ½ pound shredded chicken from a rotisserie or boiled chicken breast
- 1 ½ cups noodles preferably egg or fettucine
- 1 cup carrots diced
- ½ tsp basil dried
- ½ tsp oregano dried
- Salt and pepper
- In a large pot or dutch oven, melt the butter over low-medium heat and then add the celery and onion and cook 5 minutes.
- Add broths, shredded chicken, noodles, carrots, basil, oregano, salt and pepper.
- Bring to a boil and then reduce the heat and simmer for 25-30 minutes.