This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone.#AnySnackPerfect #CollectiveBias
Happy Sunday everybody! Today I am sharing with you a new treat my family is loving using the new Reese’s Spreads – Chocolate Peanut Butter Reindeer Chow! Have you guys heard about the new Reese’s Spreads? It’s the perfect combination of Chocolate and Peanut Butter, convenient for an anytime snack, great tasting and best of all – my kids love it! We’ve enjoyed it in several different snacks – check the bottom of this post for a few other quick snack ideas using Reeses’s Spreads!
You can easily find the it at your local Walmart too!
Chocolate Peanut Butter Reindeer Chow
- 4 Cups Rice Chex Cereal
- 4 Cups Corn Chex Cereal
- 1 container of Reese's Spreads
- 1 1/2 cups Reese's Pieces
- 1 1/2 cups Slivered Almonds
- 1 1/2 cups of Chopped Pretzels
- 2 Cups Powdered Sugar
- Prepare all your add in items: have your Reese's Pieces on hand, chop almonds if needed and have your pretzels chopped (or broken). For the pretzels, I like to put them in a ziplock bag and take the end of my knife to break them up into bite size pieces.
- Put 1 cup of the powdered sugar in a large bag (large ziplock, turkey bag, brown bag).
- Measure out the 4 cups Rice Chex and 4 cups Corn Chex into a large bowl.
- Empty the entire container of Reese's Spreads into a microwave safe bowl and microwave for 30 seconds. Stir the spread and microwave for another 30 seconds. DO NOT microwave more. You can overcook the spread and it will thicken too much!
- Immediately pour the Reese's Spreads over your Chex mixture.
- Mix the Chex mixture with your Reese's Spreads.
- After mixed, pour in about 1/2 your mix-ins and combine.
- Poor the mixture into your bag with powdered sugar, add the other cup of powdered sugar on top of the mixture and shake VIGOROUSLY! Shake until you feel the entire mixture is coated with the powdered sugar.
- Pour the mixture out onto some waxed or parchment paper to allow the chocolate to dry all the way.
- Poor the mixture back into the large bowl and add in the other 1/2 of the mix-ins and combine. I like to add them in 2 phases, so that 1/2 the mix-ins are visually noticeable!
- Store in air tight container!
This treat is so universal! It’s great to just have around the house, for parties and would make a yummy neighbor gifts!
Wanna try Reese’s Spreads? Head to your local Walmart November 13-16th and they’ll be having live demo’s of the product! You can check THIS list to see if your Walmart is participating in this fun campaign!
Here’s another couple snack ideas we’ve made using the Reese’s Spreads!
Place a small scoop of Reese’s Spreads on a banana slice and sandwich with another banana slice! Place a toothpick in it for easy eating! My kids especially enjoyed this – they love eating with toothpicks!
We hope you enjoy these recipes! What do you plan on making when you try Reeses’s Spreads? Be sure and enter this fun giveaway to win a $50 Walmart Gift Card and Reese’s Spreads items!