A thicker, simple 4 ingredient Fruit Dip that will knock your socks off! It also makes a great frosting for cupcakes or a cake!
This recipe is one of the most popular recipes on my blog and I totally understand why! It’s beyond delicious and so easy to throw together! It’s also a recipe that I make year around — it’s perfect for holidays, parties, after school snacks and more! If you put out a plate of this fruit dip and some fruit, there is no way it won’t get devoured by your family or guests!
FRUIT DIP RECIPE
I know I know… you’ve heard this before! But, in my humble opinion, this REALLY IS the BEST Fruit Dip EVER! It’s a little thicker and creamier than the traditional fruit dip, but that’s why I love it!
I also use this as a filling or frosting on several other desserts too! Specifically in this Strawberry Shortcake Cream Cheese Trifle or as a cupcake frosting!
HOW TO MAKE FRUIT DIP
Here’s how you throw this quick dip together!
Clean and cut your strawberries into small pieces. Then use a fork to smash them up to a rough puree.
Make sure your cream cheese room temperature. Combine the Cool Whip, Cream Cheese and Sugar with a hand mixer. I use an 8oz Cool Whip. But, I’ve heard lots of people liking it better with the 12oz Cool Whip. I suggest buying the larger size and then mixing to your liking. It really just matters how thick you want your fruit dip!
Once the cream cheese, cool whip and sugar are fully incorporated, add the strawberry puree and use your hand mixed on a low speed to incorporate the strawberries into the fruit dip.
Serve with whatever fruit you’d like and enjoy!
WHAT FRUIT IS BEST TO SERVE WITH FRUIT DIP?
I say serve whatever your family or guests love the best! But to help, here is a list of my 8 favorite fruits to serve with my fruit dip!
- Blueberries – I use a spoon and put the blueberries and dip in the spoon at the same time!
CAN YOU MAKE FRUIT DIP AHEAD OF TIME?
Yes – this fruit dip can be made ahead of time! Just make sure to cover it or store it in an air tight container. It can be kept in the refrigerator for about a week!
CAN YOU FREEZE FRUIT DIP?
Yes! I’ve frozen mine in a freezer safe dish for up to a month. Make sure and defrost it in the refrigerator before serving!
If you love this dip, make sure and check out these others:
Cream Cheese Fruit Dip
- 1 8oz or 12 oz Cool Whip depending on preference
- 2 8 oz Cream Cheese softened
- 3/4 cup Sugar
- 1 cup Strawberries cleaned and cut into small pieces
- Clean and cut your strawberries into small pieces. Then use a fork to smash them up to a rough puree.
- Make sure your cream cheese room temperature. Combine the Cool Whip, Cream Cheese and Sugar with a hand mixer.
- Once the cream cheese, cool whip and sugar are fully incorporated, add the strawberry puree and use your hand mixed on a low speed to incorporate the strawberries into the fruit dip.
- Serve with fresh fruit and enjoy!
Enjoy! This really is such a great recipe and I really hope you, your friends and your family love it as much as mine do!
If you’ve tried this recipe, I’d love it if you’d comment and rate the recipe! I love to hear feedback and answer questions!
Make sure to pin this post for later too! Thanks so much friends! Have a great day!