When I was a kid, we had a neighbor that would always make Homemade Root Beer for the 4th of July and for Halloween (if it wasn’t too cold)! It was my favorite and I still think back to those childhood memories with a smile on my face!
A few weeks ago I got thinking about the deliciousness of this Homemade Root Beer and my mouth began to water and I realized I had never attempted to make it on my own! I honestly don’t know why I waited so long, it is SO easy! And… SOOO GOOD!
- 5 gallons of Water
- 5 lbs. of Sugar
- 5 lbs. of Dry Ice in pieces or chunks
- 2 fl oz of Root Beer Concentrate (1 bottle)
- Combine the sugar, Root Beer Concentrate, 2 1/2 gallons of water. Add the dry ice. Enjoy the show for a bit and then slowly add the additional water. Start taste testing at the 4 gallon mark. Some people like it stronger or weaker - so add water until it tastes like you want it to!
- Be careful handling the Dry Ice - it can burn you! Also, do not use a metal spoon to stir the mixture together, it can make the Root Beer taste like metal.
- Best if made about an hour before serving!
Feel free to adjust the recipe – this makes A LOT! I cut the recipe in 1/2 this particular night and we still enjoyed several glasses each and shared with a few neighbor families!
This will make the PERFECT “Witches Brew” at your upcoming Halloween parties too!