Hey friends! Lately I have been attempting to get some control over my unhealthy eating and today I’m sharing how I took my moms Chicken Divan and turned it into a Skinny Chicken Divan! I’m all done having babies and so I just have no excuses for looking a few month prego! haha! However, I need to be realistic about it! I know if I go all crazy then I just won’t stick with it. So, I’m trying some small steps! Reducing my Mtn Dew intake (tear), snacking less, less sugar sweets, healthier meals and eating smaller portions!
One of my favorite meals is my moms Chicken Divan, however the sauce uses heavy whipping cream. While shopping the other day, I noticed Silk’s New Cashewmilk and I realized it would be the perfect substitute to the Whipping Cream in my moms recipe! I was instantly so excited!
On a quick side note, my family loved it so much that they drank the whole carton before I actually got around to making the meal. So, I had to go back and purchase some more! It’s crazy how creamy and rich it is!
Skinny Chicken Divan
- 4 cups Broccoli cut into small pieces
- 1/4 cup Butter
- 6 tablespoons Flour
- 2 cups Chicken Broth
- 1 cup Parmesan Cheese
- 1 cup Silk Cashewmilk
- 4 cooked Chicken Breasts cubed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt and pepper
- Melt butter in a large sauce pan and blend in the flour with a fork. Add salt and pepper.
- Add Chicken Broth and cook and stir until mixture thickens. Stir in Silks Cashewmilk.
- Spray a 9x13 pan and cover the bottom of the pan with the broccoli. Pour about 1/2 of the sauce over the broccoli. Next, layer the chicken on top of the broccoli and sauce.
- With the remaining sauce add the Parmesan Cheese. Pour the remaining sauce over the chicken. Sprinkle top with Parmesan Cheese.
- Cook for 20 minutes at 350 Degrees F.
Seriously, doesn’t that sauce look so rich and creamy?!?
Enjoy! Also, be sure and head on over and subscribe to Silk’s Newsletter, so you can see so many other uses to all of Silk’s products! You can find Silks New Cashewmilk at most grocery stores – if needed click HERE to find a store near you!
I couldn’t help but also share some of the other reasons I love Silk products! They are:
- No high-fructose corn syrup
- No artificial colors, flavors or preservatives
- Enrolled in or verified by the Non-GMO Project
- Responsibly produced
- Free of gluten, soy, casein, peanuts, egg and MSG*
What recipe are you excited to try Silk Cashewmilk in?
This conversation is sponsored by Silk. The opinions and text are all mine.