Today I wanted to share with you guys a fun idea for a simple and quick St. Patrick’s Day themed breakfast! I don’t know a kid out there who doesn’t love German Pancakes, so I figured it would be the perfect breakfast to adapt for St. Patrick’s Day!
I’m still using the standard German Pancake recipe (which we call Puffy Oven Pancakes), but just adding some green food coloring.
To start, divide 1/2 cube of butter into 2 cupcake pans and put in the oven at 375. While the oven is preheating it will melt the butter.
While the oven is preheating combine: 6 eggs, 1 cup flour, 1 cup milk, 1 tablespoon sugar, 1 teaspoon vanilla, a dash of salt and approx 6 drops of green food coloring. I like to mix mine in the blender, but you can even just do this by hand!
Once the butter is melted evenly disperse the batter into the cupcake pan. I like to fill my cupcake spots a little over 1/2 full.
Cook at 375 degrees for appox 10 minutes or until the edges are turning golden brown.
To make them lucky top them off with syrup, powdered sugar and rainbow sprinkles!
And next thing you know your kid will be celebrating by rocking out, along with some air guitar too!
Even baby Dylan was happy to be served her green St. Patrick’s Day Mini German Pancakes! Seriously guys, isn’t she the cutest (and when did my baby get so big)?!?
I hope your family enjoys these as much as mine did! Below you can save or print the recipe for quick reference! Have a great week!
- 6 Eggs
- 1 Cup Flour
- 1 Cup Milk
- 1 Tablespoon Sugar
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla
- Dash of Salt
- 6 drops of Green Food Coloring
- 1/2 cube of butter
- Powdered Sugar
- Rainbow Sprinkles
- To make the mini German pancakes you are going to need 2 cupcake pans. Begin by putting a little slice of butter in each cupcake spot. Between the two pans I use about 1/2 cube of butter. Get the oven preheating to 375 degrees and put the cupcake pans in the oven to melt the butter while it is heating up.
- While the oven is preheating, blend together the eggs, flour, milk, sugar, salt, vanilla and food coloring. You can do this by hand, with an electric hand beater or using a blender.
- Once the butter is melted, evenly distribute the batter to fill all the cupcake spots a little more than half way full. Cook for approx 10 minutes at 375 or until the edges are lightly browning!
- Serve with syrup, powdered sugar and rainbow sprinkles to bring in the St. Patrick's Day theme! Enjoy!