I have never cooked with tomatillos , but every time I see them at the grocery I am always intrigued and wonder what they taste like.
Well, I decided to try them out this week and made up this delicious tomatillo salsa!
I mean how gorgeous are these things?!
and when they’re unwrapped this is what they look like!
- 5-6 to matillos husked and rinsed
- 3 fresh serrano chiles stemmed
- 1 small garlic clove peeled
- 1 1/4 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 cup cilantro chopped
- 1 to mato chopped
- Combine the tomatillos and chiles in a small pot and add water to cover.
- Bring to a boil over medium-high heat and cook until tomatillos begin to change to a lighter color, about 5 minutes and then drain.
- Combine tomatillos, chiles, garlic, and salt in a blender and pulse until almost smooth.
- Pour into a bowl and add in cilantro and a little more salt.
Enjoy your delicious and a little spicy….tomatillo salsa!
I think this salsa would pair deliciously with my Lime Chicken Enchiladas!
Another recipe that this would pair nicely with is these Baked Creamy Chicken Taquitos!
Hello. My name is Crystal and I blog over at Cooking with Crystal. I am so excited to be sharing my recipes with you and hope that you get some great ideas to cook/bake for those that you love. I have 2 little boys who keep me busy and happy. Other than being in my kitchen, I love to read, dance, and listen to music. I am a lover of quotes and believe that life is an unending learning process. Stop over at my site and say hello!