This summer the heat has been getting to me this summer! The only saving grace is that it at least cools down in the evenings in Northern Utah! But, during the day I have been pulling out all the stops to cool down! Me and my kids love a good slush recipe and so that’s what we kept in full swing during those triple digit days! There is a fruit stand just 5 minutes down the road from my house and the watermelons were sooo tasty! So, this Watermelon Slush made a few appearances and quickly become a favorite (especially with my daughter)!
Best part of this recipe is that it is SOOOOO quick to make! And if you already have a watermelon all cut up in your fridge, you can literally be drinking it within 3 minutes! If not, then it will maybe take you 5-7 minutes!
Once you’ve grabbed all the ingredients, just throw watermelon and lime juice in your blender! Side note: I love my Blendtec sooo much! If you don’t have one, seriously think about it!
Once the ingredients are in the blender, just mix it using the PULSE button. It mixes SO fast – like literally press the pulse button like 5 or 6 times! That’s it or it will be too thin in my opinion!
After blended, add the bit of honey, pulse 2 more times and then ENJOY!
- 6 cups cubed seedless watermelon, well chilled
- 2 limes, juiced
- 1 tablespoons of honey, to taste
- Fresh mint sprigs (for garnish)
- Add the cubed watermelon and lime juice to a blender.
- Blend using the PULSE button. It blends super quick! Don't over blend or the slush will be too runny.
- After blended, add 1+ tablespoons of honey and quickly mix again.
- Poor into a glass over ice and garnish.
This slush is really perfect for a quick afternoon drink or to serve at a cookout!
I made it for a 4th of July BBQ, along with my Lemonade Summer Slush recipe and they were loved by all!
Love this? Check out these other yummy drinks:
Have a great week friends!