A yummy treat or appetizer!
- 2 1/2 c very small diced red peppers seeds removed
- 2 1/2 c very small diced green peppers seeds removed
- 1/2 c fine diced jalapeno peppers seeds removed
- 3 c cider vinegar
- 13 c sugar
- 1 Tbsp butter
- 1-2 Tbsp red pepper flakes depending on how hot you want it
- 2 pack liquid pectin Certo brand found in the canning section or by the Jell-O
You can use a food processor to chop peppers just be careful not to dice them to small. Bring all ingredients, except pectin to a rolling boil.
Add pectin and return to a boil. Time for 1 1/2 minutes and take off burner.
Hot pack in warm jars for 15 minutes. Remove from canner and allow to cool for 24 hours. The jelly will set up as it cools.
Makes approx 17 half pints!
Serve over Cream Cheese and eat with Ritz!
Adapted from Stephen Dowdney