Spiced Carrot Cake Cupcakes with Lemon Cream Cheese Frosting
A perfect spiced carrot cake with Lemon Cream Cheese Frosting!
- SPICED CARROT CAKE CUPCAKES
- 2 cups 260g / 9oz plain / all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 1/4 cup 280g / 10oz Country Crock Unsalted Buttery Sticks (2 sticks)
- 1 cup 200g / 7oz granulated sugar
- 1 cup 200g / 7oz lightly packed brown sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 4 large eggs
- 2 1/2 cups 260g / 9oz grated peeled carrots (4 to 5 carrots)
- 1 cup 100g / 3.5oz coarsely chopped walnuts
- LEMON CREAM CHEESE FROSTING
- 110 g / 4oz 1 stick Country Crock Unsalted Buttery Sticks
- 225 g / 8 oz cream cheese at room temperature
- 1 tsp finely grated lemon zest
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 2 cups 260g / 9oz powdered sugar
SPICED CARROT CAKE CUPCAKES
Heat the oven to 350º F / 180 C.
Sift flour, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon together, then whisk until well blended.
Melt Country Crock Unsalted Buttery Sticks and whisk together with both sugars and
vanilla. Add eggs, one at a time, whisking until combined
In a separate bowl, whisk together the melted Buttery Sticks, sugars and vanilla.
Whisk in eggs, one at a time, until blended.
Add dry ingredients to the wet mixture one third at a time, using a spatula or wooden
spoon to gently fold through after each addition
Add carrot and nuts, gently folding to combine.
Divide batter into approx. 24 cupcake liners and bake for 14 to 18 minutes (or until a toothpick or tester inserted into the center comes out clean).
Allow to cool 5 minutes before transferring to a cooling rack.
Cool completely before frosting.
For a cake
Heat the oven to 350º F / 180 C. Grease two 9-inch round cake pans and line with
parchment or baking paper.
Divide the batter evenly between the prepared cake pans
Bake until the tops of the cake layers spring back when touched and when a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean; 35 to 45 minutes.
Cool cakes in pans for 15 mins before turning onto cooling racks, remove any parchment paper and cool completely before frosting.
LEMON CREAM CHEESE FROSTING
In a large bowl, combine Country Crock Unsalted Buttery Sticks and softened cream
cheese. Beat with an electric mixer on medium speed until light and fluffy (about 2
Add the powdered sugar 1/4 cup at a time and beat well after each addition.
Add lemon zest to taste and use lemon juice to adjust frosting consistency. For a large
cake, add a little more lemon juice to get a smoother more spreadable frosting. For
cupcakes, only add 1 tsp or leave the lemon juice out altogether for a firmer frosting
Adapted from My Cupcake Addiction