I got this recipe for Asparagus Rolls from my mom and it is one of my favorite appetizers ever! Sometimes, I’ll make it and then eat off it for a couple days for my lunch! It is seriously delish! It has such a great presentation, with the green asparagus and red craisins! Perfect anytime of the year, but especially my favorite for the Holiday Season!
4-6 Large Tortilla’s
Large bunch of asparagus (approx 20)
2 Large Can of Chicken (approx 3 shredded breasts)
1/2 C. Chopped Nuts
1/2 C. Craisins
4 oz of Regular Cream Cheese
1/2 container (or so) of Garden Vegetable Cream Cheese
1/4 cup Mayo
- 4-6 Large Tortillas
- Large bunch of asparagus (approx 20)
- 2 Large Cans of Chicken (or 2-3 shredded breasts)
- 1/2 C. Chopped Nuts
- 1/2 C. Craisins
- 4 oz of Regular Cream Cheese
- 1/2 container (or so) of Garden Vegetable Cream Cheese
- 1/4 cup Mayo
- Garlic Powder
- Get your asparagus cooking to preference. Chop your nut of choice. Combine the chicken, nuts, Craisins, Reg Cream Cheese, Garden Vegetable Cream Cheese, mayo and garlic powder and mix by hand or in a mixer. Judge the taste to your preference. Adjust the amount of Garden Vegetable Cream Cheese and Garlic powder if needed. I like mine to have a little bit stronger taste.
- Strain the cooked asparagus good. Spread the chicken mixture evenly on a tortilla. Place the already cooked asparagus on the edge of the tortilla and roll the tortilla around the asparagus. Place another asparagus on the tortilla and roll again. Repeat until the tortilla is all the way rolled. I usually fit 4-5 asparagus, per tortilla. Depending on the thickness of the asparagus.
- Cover the rolled tortilla in plastic wrap or Press N' Seal. Refrigerate for 3-4 hours or overnight. To speed up the process, you can freeze for the first hour. Then cut the asparagus rolls into 1/2" (or so) pieces!