Hey everyone, this is Lauren from Tastes Better From Scratch and I’m so excited to share my favorite breakfast potatoes recipe with you!
My husband and I love making a big yummy breakfast together on Sundays. I usually want something fancy/easy like Eggs Benedict or Strawberry Lemon Ricotta Pancakes, but he always wants a “grand slam” breakfast! I think the name comes from what he would order off the menu at Denny’s. He’s a total guy when it comes to what he orders at restaurants. Think steak and potatoes, chicken fingers, burgers etc. And his version of a grand slam has to include pancakes, scrambled eggs, bacon, and these amazing breakfast potatoes! Sometimes I’ll even throw together some easy orange julius to drink and he’s truly in heaven!
For someone who doesn’t usually care for breakfast that much during the week, our Sunday morning grand slam breakfasts have become his favorite meal!
I’ll be honest, a simple homemade grand slam breakfast tastes SO much better than anything you’d order at a restaurant, and there’s nothing cheaper than breakfast food! These breakfast potatoes are super simple but the flavor combination of the tomatoes and diced veggies is amazing! Plus, they’re roasted in the oven which ensures they’re cooked perfectly and come up crispy on the outside and soft on the inside.
- 2.5 pounds red potatoes cut into chunks
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1/2 onion chopped
- 1 green bell pepper chopped
- 1 red bell pepper chopped
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 Tbsp butter melted
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, toss together the potatoes, garlic, onion, green bell pepper, red bell pepper, olive oil, butter, cayenne pepper and salt and pepper.
- Pour potatoes onto a rimmed baking sheet. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes, tossing twice during baking.
- Raise the heat to 500 degrees and bake until crisp and brown, 10-15 more minutes, tossing twice.
I hope you’ll stop by Tastes Better From Scratch for some more delicious breakfast ideas like: