Hanging out in the backyard, after it cools down, eating Gooey Oreo Ice Cream Cake is one of my favorite things to do in the summer! Summer just isn’t summer without this cake guys! If you’ve never tried to make a homemade ice cream cake, then you need to change that now! Today I’m sharing with you my moms famous Gooey Oreo Ice Cream Cake! A lot of the recipes you’ll find out there, don’t include the GOOEY layer and it honestly makes the cake!
Here’s how you make it!
Start by creating the crust layer using crushed Oreo and a cube of Butter. I like to use my Blendtec Blender (affiliate link) to crush the Oreo’s, but you can totally do it by using a ziplock bag and rolling pin too! Once the Oreo’s are crushed, pull out a ¼ cup or so to use to sprinkle on the top of the cake.
Melt a cube of butter in the microwave and combine it with the crushed Oreos. Grease a 9×13 glass pan and then push the butter Oreo mixture into the bottom of the pan to create the crust!
Next, take your container of box ice cream and open all sides! I like to take a knife and create marks to divide it up into 6 pieces. Then go ahead and cute the pieces.
Take those pieces and cover the crust layer. It doesn’t need to be perfect!
Next, I like to take my freshly washed hands and press the ice cream into all the crevices and edges!
Grab your Hot Fudge and Caramel topping! I like to put the Hot Fudge layer on first. Generally, the Hot Fudge is a little harder to spread. You have to use a spoon to get it out of the container. Spread it best you can, but don’t stress about making it pretty! No one is going to see it anyways! Then it’s time for the caramel! I just pour it on, right out of the bottle!
And last, spread on the Cool Whip layer and toss on the extra crumbled Oreo topping! Freeze for at least 3-4 hours before serving! ENJOY!!
Gooey Oreo Ice Cream Cake
- 1 Package of Oreo Cookies
- 1 Boxed Oreo Ice Cream
- 1 Bottle of Hot Fudge
- 1 Bottle of Caramel
- 1 Carton of Cool Whip
- 1 Cube of Butter
- 1. Melt the cube of butter.
- 2. Using a food process or by hand, take the package of Oreo Cookies and crush them. Set aside ¼ cup of the crushed Oreo's to be used as a topping later on.
- 3. Combine and melted butter with the Oreo Cookies and push them into the bottom of a greased 9x13 glass pan to create a crust layer.
- 4. Remove the outside of the boxed Oreo Ice Cream and cut it into 6 pieces. Create a layer of ice cream on top of the Oreo crust. Use your (clean) fingers to push the push the ice cream into all the crevices and around the edges.
- 5. Using a spoon, spread the Hot Fudge layer on top of the ice cream. Then drizzle the caramel on top of the Hot Fudge layer!
- 6. Next, take the Cool Whip and layer it on top!
- 7. Lastly, sprinkle the left over Oreo Cookies on the top!
- Freeze at least 3 or 4 hours before serving!