Today it is going to be snowing ALL DAY! So, I figured I should bake! haha! Makes sense, right? I can’t even believe that I have been sharing my favorite recipes on this blog for over 5 years and I’ve never shared this one! O’Henry Bars is what we called these…. but some call them Scotcharoos! This recipe is one that I grew up on and it has the perfect amount of chocolate!
And, it only takes about 15 minutes to throw together! Enjoy!
- 1 cup Corn Syrup
- 1 cup Sugar
- 1 cup Peanut Butter
- 3 Cup Rice Crispies
- 1/2 bag Butterscotch Chips
- 1/2 bag Chocolate Chips Milk Chocolate or Semi Sweet
- 3/4 cup Peanuts optional
- Bring the corn syrup and sugar to a boil.
- Remove from heat and add the peanut butter, rice crispies, and peanuts (if wanted).
- Spread on the bottom of a lightly greased 9x13 pan.
- Heat the butterscotch chips and chocolate chips (microwave or stove).
- Spread the softened butterscotch chips on top of the 1st layer. Then spread the softened chocolate chips on top of the butterscotch layer.
- Allow it to set for at least an hour - preferably longer!
- Store covered on your countertop for up to a week!
Don’t they just look soooo good? They really are! I hope you love them as much as I do!