Welcome to November friends! Are you guys ready to start seeing Christmas goodness all over this blog? We have dived into the Christmas crafts, treats, traditions, etc and are ready to start sharing all the fun with you guys! Today we have teamed up with 29 talented and creative bloggers to share some neighbor gift ideas with you guys. We are sharing our go-to Neighbor Gift for the last few years – Pepper Jelly! Lisa actually introduced me to Pepper Jelly about 6 years ago and I was obsessed! Funny thing is – I’m actually not a pepper fan! But, I LOVE this stuff! My mom has also given this as her neighbor/work gift the last 4 years as well! It’s THAT good!
- 2 ½ c very small diced red peppers seeds removed
- 2 ½ c very small diced green peppers seeds removed
- ½ c fine diced jalapeno peppers seeds removed
- 3 c cider vinegar
- 13 c sugar
- 1 Tbsp butter
- 1-2 Tbsp red pepper flakes depending on how hot you want it
- 2 pack liquid pectin Certo brand found in the canning section or by the Jell-O
- You can use a food processor to chop peppers just be careful not to dice them to small. Bring all ingredients, except pectin to a rolling boil.
- Add pectin and return to a boil. Time for 1 ½ minutes and take off burner.
- Hot pack in warm jars for 15 minutes. Remove from canner and allow to cool for 24 hours. The jelly will set up as it cools.
- Makes approx 17 half pints!
Now check out the other 29 awesome ideas! If you love an idea, be sure and click over to see the full tutorial!
Simply Designing – Mulling Spices