These Easy and Cheap Fall Kids Crafts are the perfect fun afternoon project for you and your kids during the Fall months! Everything themed from pumpkins, leaves, owls, scarecrows and more!
*This post was originally published September 2015 and has been updated.
Autumn and fall crafts for the kids are fun to do because they will become a learning activity as well as double as a decoration all season long. These crafts require little supplies, are great for any age and are cheap to do!
Today I am sharing some Easy and Cheap Fall Kids Crafts that I found when I was looking up ideas to do with my kids this Fall. My boys LOVE to “do crafts!” They are 7 & 5 and my daughter is 2 and “doing crafts,” as they say, is one of their favorite parts of holidays and season!
If you guys have any other awesome crafts, I’d love for you to leave them in the comments! We’re always looking for ideas that have been successful!
Best Fall Crafts for Kids
These fall crafts can be made from September all the way through November!
- Apple Tree Craft at i Heart Crafty Things–The apples are little red buttons.
- Apple Stamping Tree Craft at Crafty Morning–The apples become the stamp for the leaves.
- Cardboard Yarn Apples at One Little Project–The kids will love wrapping and wrapping the yarn.
- Color Changing Apple Craft at Non-Toy Gifts–I love when crafts are fun and involve some learning too!
- Sponge Painted Apple Craft for Kids at The Resourceful Mama–Forget the paintbrushes and creat this apple craft with sponges.
- Cinnamon Fall Slime at Kimspired DIY–Make this in under 5 minutes.
- Paper Bag Owl at Buggy and Buddy–A cute owl made from some paper and a paper bag.
- Owl Hand Print at The Best Ideas for Kids–The owl hand print is the perfect fall craft and can double as a keepsake.
- Little White Owl Craft at i Heart Crafty Things–Based off a cute book, but still perfect for the fall season.
Candy Corn Owl at Crafty Morning–Another adorable owl made with candy corn.
Pumpkin Crafts for Kids
When I think of fall, I think of pumpkins. The kids will enjoy making these pumpkin themed crafts.
- Tin Can Pumpkins at Suburbia Unwrapped–Super easy table decor pumpkins.
- Pumpkin Spice Playdough at Small + Friendly–Making a seasonal batch of playdough sounds like a blast.
- Pumpkin Cloud Dough at Growing a Jeweled Rose–A super soft and mold-able dough kids love to play with.
- Sponge Painted Pumpkin Craft at The Resourceful Mama–Forget the paintbrushes and use sponges to make this pumpkin craft.
- Pumpkin Painting with Salt at Natural Beach Living–Your kids will be able to do this with supplies you probably already have on hand.
- Paper Plate Pumpkin Lacing at Kids Craft Room–Lace the little mouse through all the wholes.
- Paper Plate Pumpkin Tambourine Shakers at Simply Today Life–A fun musical fall craft for the kiddos!
Pumpkin Pie Craft at Night Owl Blog–You’ll need tissue paper, a paper plate and some glue.
Best Fall Leaf Crafts
There is a lot to learn for the little ones when it comes to leaves this time of year because they change color and fall off the trees. These crafts will either use real leaves or your kids will be making their own colorful leaves and learning at the same time.
- Paper Plate Leaf Craft at Glued to My Crafts–Super inexpensive and any age can make these.
- Colored Glue Leaves at Pink ad Green Mama–Leaves made with colored glue and then water-colored.
- Fall Leaf Mobile at So Says Sarah–The kids will enjoy making this beautiful fall mobile.
- Fall Tree Paper Craft at i Heart Crafty Things–Use all the fall colored paper to make this tree pop.
- Tissue Paper Fall Tree Craft at i Heart Crafty Things–The kids will love scrunching up the tissue paper to make the leaves!
- Fall Leaves Paper Plate Wreath at Glitter on a Dime–A great craft for class parties and doubles as a decoration.
- Leaf Rubbings at KC Adventures–This craft will double as art and a science activity.
Leaf Sun catcher Craft at The Best Ideas for Kids–Brighten up your fall windows with these sun catchers.
Easy Fall Crafts for Kids
It doesn’t get any easier than a craft that can be made in minutes. Add these into your autumn activities with the kids!
- Handprint Acorn Lacing Craft at Kids Craft Room–Go on a nature walk and then come back and make these handprint acorns!
- Popsicle Stick Scarecrow Puppets at Glued to My Crafts–Each child can customize their own fall scarecrow puppet.
- Craft Stick Scarecrow at Little Family Fun–Making these scarecrows with the kids would be so easy!
- Toilet Paper Roll Scarecrow at Still Playing School–Find those spare toilet paper rolls and get those kids crafting.
- Paper Plate Scarecrow at Messy Little Monster–An easy and cheap craft for autumn.
- Pony Bead Indian Corn Craft at Cutesy Crafts–You’ll need some tan pipe cleaners and fall colored pony beads.
- Lego Stamped Indian Corn at Crafty Morning–Use Legos as the stamp for corn!
- Cheerio Corn on the Cob at Glued to My Crafts–Super cheap and easy for the younger kids to do.
Fall Hedgehog Craft at Fireflies and Mudpies–The cutest hedgehogs I’ve ever seen.
Have fun and happy Fall!
Looking for some other fun Fall Activities? I’ve got a ton of Halloween games for the month of October:
Hope your littles love these activities as much as my kiddos did!
I’d love for you guys to follow me on INSTAGRAM, PINTEREST, TWITTER and FACEBOOK for recipes, DIY’s and more!
If you love these crafts, then don’t forget to pin the image below!
It so important to get kids involved in activities which is fun and also brings out their creativity. The ideas which you have shares seems so much fun and you have explained them so well. Thanks!