This light and fluffy Lemon Jello Cake is the perfect summer cake! It’s a family recipe that most haven’t heard of and people quickly become lifetime lovers of it!
Summer is here! In full disclosure, I make and eat this cake all year long, but it is always extra good in the summer! This recipe was one that my Mom used to make while I was growing up and was often times requested as our birthday cakes!
The cake has a really cold moist top that is to die for! It 100% of the time turns out fluffy and light! It’s basically impossible to mess up if you follow the below recipe!
LEMON JELLO SUMMER CAKE
Add wet ingredients to the dry mix.
Mix the batter well, make sure to scrape the bottom of the bowl.
Pour into a greased 9×13 pan. For this recipe I prefer a metal pan, because it helps the cake get really cold!
Bake cake at 350 degrees for 35 minutes.
While the cake is baking you need to make the glaze.
Mix 2 cups powdered sugar and 1/3 cup lemon juice. Whisk until smooth.
When the cake is nice and golden brown, remove it from the oven.
While the cake is still hot, poke holes all over the top. Do this until there are holes all over.
Pour the glaze over the entire cake and spread it so it covers the whole cake.
At first it should look like this.
But, after a minute or two it will all be absorbed.
Refrigerate cake for at least 3 or 4 hours. It is best to refrigerate it overnight. When the cake is chilled, serve with whipping cream and enjoy!
Lemon Jello Cake
- 1 Small Package Instant Lemon Jello
- 1 Lemon Cake Mix
- 4 Eggs
- ¾ c Oil
- 1 ¼ c Water
- Add the Lemon Cake Mix and Lemon Jello in a bowl or mixer and combine. If preparing in a bowl, you'll want to use a hand mixer.
- Add the wet ingredients.
- Mix well and be sure to scrape the bottom of the bowl.
- Pour the batter into a greased 9x13 pan. For this recipe, I prefer a metal pan, because it helps the cake get really cold in the refrigerator.
- Bake the cake at 350 degrees for 35 minutes.
- While the cake is baking, you can prepare the glaze recipe below.
- When the cake is nice and golden brown, remove it from the oven.
- Pour the glaze over the cake and spread it so it covers the whole thing.
- Refrigerate the cake for at least 3 or 4 hours. I prefer to refrigerate it overnight.
- When the cake is chilled, serve with whipping cream!
- While the cake is baking you can go ahead and make the glaze.
- Mix 2 cups powdered sugar and 1/3 cup lemon juice. Whisk until smooth.
Looking for some other yummy desserts? Check these out!
Love this dessert? Pin the image below!