This Rum Marinated Salmon is a sweet salmon recipe that uses rum, maple syrup and soy sauce! It creates a yummy glaze on the outside of the salmon that will have everyone enjoying every bite.
You guys… I don’t know why I’ve never shared this recipe! It’s one of our main go-to dinners! Salmon is a family favorite, so it always makes for an enjoyable dinner with no kids complaining!!
This salmon is sweet, so I usually pair it with my Cilantro Lime Coconut Rice and a vegetable!
HOW TO MAKE SALMON MARINADE
The marinade is super quick to throw together, usually only taking about 5-10 minutes!
- Combine the Olive Oil, Dark Rum, Sesame Oil, Soy Sauce, Maple Syrup, Minced Garllic and Tabasco Sauce.
- Wisk together well and put it in a large ziplock bag or pan.
- Marinate the salmon a minimum of 5 hours. I usually put the marinade together right after breakfast and allow it to marinate all day!
- After it has marinated for AT LEAST 5 hours, then it’s time to cook it on the BBQ or Smokers! I love to cook my salmon (and many other things) on my Himalayan Salt Block! But, you can totally BBQ it on cedar planks or even bake it if you prefer!
- Heat your grill and then place the salmon fillet (or fillets) skin side down on the grill, salt block or cedar planks. If cooking 4 individual fillets, you’ll want to cook them for 6-8 minutes. If cooking one large fillet, cook for 12-15 minutes depending on the thickness and size.
- Make sure to check the thickest part of the salmon to make sure it’s cooked all the way through, prior to taking it off the grill!
SWEET RUM MARINATED SALMON
Rum Marinated Salmon
- 32 oz Salmon Filet This is 2 lb Large Salmon Filet or 4-5 Individual Salmon Filets.
- ¾ cup olive oil
- ¾ cup dark rum
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 4 teaspoons minced garlic approx 4 cloves
- 3-4 drops Tabasco sauce
- Prepare the marinate by combining the olive oil, dark rum, sesame oil, soy sauce, maple syrup, minced garlic, and tabasco sauce. Stir with whisk to combine.
- Add the salmon to a large Ziplock bag and pour the marinade over the salmon.
- Remove all the air from the Ziplock bag and place the salmon in the fridge for at least 5 hours or even overnight! Turn the bag over at least once during the marinating time, to ensure that the salmon gets infused with all the yummy flavors!
- When ready to cook, heat your grill and then place the salmon fillet (or fillets) skin side down on the grill. If cooking 4 individual fillets, you'll want to cook them for 5-7 minutes. If cooking one large fillet, cook for 10-15 minutes depending on the thickness and size.
- Make sure and check the thickest part of the salmon, before taking it off the grill!
I hope you love this recipe as much as my family does!
Here are a few other dinner ideas:
POPULAR BBQ RECIPES