This Rum Marinated Salmon is a sweet salmon recipe that uses rum, maple syrup and soy sauce! It creates a yummy glaze on the outside of the salmon that will have everyone enjoying every bite.
You guys… I don’t know why I’ve never shared this recipe! It’s one of our main go-to dinners! Salmon is a family favorite, so it always makes for an enjoyable dinner with no kids complaining!!
This salmon is sweet, so I usually pair it with my Cilantro Lime Coconut Rice and a vegetable!
The marinade is super quick to throw together, usually only taking about 5-10 minutes! Make sure to marinate the salmon a minimum of 5 hours. I usually put the marinade together right after breakfast and allow it to marinate all day!
SWEET RUM MARINATED SALMON
- 1 large salmon filet or 4 salmon filets (about 1 1/2 - 2 lbs total), with skin left on
- 3/4 cup olive oil
- 3/4 cup dark rum
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 4 teaspoons minced garlic (approx 4 cloves)
- 3-4 drops Tabasco sauce
- Prepare the marinate by combining the olive oil, dark rum, sesame oil, soy sauce, maple syrup, minced garlic, and tabasco sauce. Stir with whisk to combine.
- Add the salmon to a large Ziplock bag and pour the marinade over the salmon.
- Remove all the air from the Ziplock bag and place the salmon in the fridge for at least 5 hours or even overnight! Turn the bag over at least once during the marinating time, to ensure that the salmon gets infused with all the yummy flavors!
- When ready to cook, heat your grill and then place the salmon fillet (or fillets) skin side down on the grill. If cooking 4 individual fillets, you'll want to cook them for 5-7 minutes. If cooking one large fillet, cook for 10-15 minutes depending on the thickness and size.
- Make sure and check the thickest part of the salmon, before taking it off the grill!
I hope you love this recipe as much as my family does!
Looking for other quick dinners? Check out my Quick Company Chicken!
Here are a few other dinner ideas:
POPULAR BBQ RECIPES
Want to save this recipe? Make sure and pin the image below! Thanks!