Summertime screams simple salads to me! This Strawberry Spinach Salad is one my mom makes all the time for family events and when summer rolls around I always crave it! It’s the perfect side dish to almost any dinner! Plus, it’s so pretty and is such a statement on the table.
The sweet sugar covered walnuts or sliced almonds are the star of the show for me, so make sure to not cheat your way through prepping them! I like to at least triple the batch of sliced almonds and keep some all ready in a baggy. That way I have them on hand to quickly throw together this salad!
If you have a large party that you are serving to, I have layered the salad and it worked great. So, for example (from bottom to top) spinach, strawberries, walnuts (or almonds), spinach, strawberries, walnuts (or almonds). Does that make sense?
Strawberry Spinach Salad
- 1 pkg Spinach
- 1/2 cup - 1 cup of Sliced Almonds amount to preference
- 1 pkg of fresh Sliced Strawberries
- 1 tablespoon FRESH Lemon
- 1/2 cup Sugar
- 1 tablespoon Olive Oil
- Earlier in the day, mix 1/4 c. sugar with a little water. Heat for a few seconds in the microwave and coat your almonds in it. After coating spread on a sheet of wax paper and let dry. Turn over softly with a fork if you need the underside to dry quicker.
- Before assembling the salad, put together the dressing by combining 1/4 cup sugar, 4-5 tablespoons of FRESH lemon juice, and 1 tablespoon of olive oil.
- Next layer from top to bottom - spread the package of Spinach Salad on a platter, then distribute the sliced strawberries over the top of Spinach, then distribute the sugar coated sliced almonds over the top of the strawberries. Drizzle the dressing on top of the salad right before serving!
There’s multiple dressings that I love with this salad! Our favorites are:
This salad is so simple, but the fresh crisp taste is the perfect addition to any dinner!
I love to pair it with this yummy dinners: