This easy one-pan chicken dinner only takes about 10 minutes to prepare! Fiesta Chicken Casserole is great to feed a large group and can be served with rolls and a side salad!
Fiesta Chicken Casserole is one of my easiest go-to dinners! I love this casserole for so many reasons! It’s not only super yummy but you only need 10 minutes, one 9×13 pan, a cutting board, knife, and large spoon to prepare it!
The leftovers also make a delicious chip dip! So, add some tortilla chips to your next shopping trip too!
What you’ll need:
- Chicken Breasts — cleaned, trimmed and cut into quarters. You could also use chicken tenders if you prefer!
- Cream of Chicken – canned works fine, but you are welcome to use homemade too.
- Corn — I prefer canned sweet corn.
- Instant Rice
- Salsa — I use a medium salsa, but mild or hot works too! Whatever brand/spice level you like best!
How to Make Fiesta Chicken Casserole
The best part of this casserole is that aside from your cutting board and knife, the only other dish you have to use is your 9×13 glass pan! No dirtying bowls, saucepans or more!
- Clean, trim and cut your chicken breasts into quarters.
- Combine the cream of chicken, corn, salsa, rice, and water in the pan.
- Use a spoon or whisk to mix all the ingredients together.
- Take your chicken quarters and disperse them in the pan and use a spoon to push them down in the mixture.
- Bake in the oven at 375 degrees for 45 minutes to an hour or until the chicken is cooked all the way through.
You guys, I’m sure you’ll love this recipe! It is so delicious and my family gobbles it up!
What Type of Salsa Should I Use?
This depends on your family and how spicy they like their food! When my kids were younger, we used Mild salsa. We have now moved up to Medium Salsa. I personally don’t love anything too spicy, so I don’t assume that we’ll ever move up to super spicy salsa. However, if your family loves spicy foods, then I say go for a spicy salsa! It will only add more depth and flavor to this recipe!
If you’re looking for other delicious and easy dinners, check out these others:
Salsa Chicken and Rice Casserole
- 9x13 Glass Pan
- 2 cans Cream of Chicken
- 2 cans Corn
- 3 cups Instant Rice
- 3 cups Water
- 3 cups Salsa Medium (or preferred -- hot or mild work too)
- 4 Chicken Breasts Large
- 1 tbsp Paprika
- Grease your 9x13 glass pan and preheat your oven to 375 degrees.
- Trim, clean and quarter your chicken breasts.
- Combine the cream of chicken, corn, instant rice, salsa and water in the pan.
- Take a spoon or whisk and mix it all together.
- Take your chicken quarters and push them down into the mixture.
- Lightly sprinkle Paprika on top.
- Cook for 45 minutes to an hour (until chicken is cooked).
Fiesta Chicken Recipe for a Smaller Family
If you have a smaller family, you can make this in an 8×8 glass pan as well. I just halved the entire recipe and it worked great!
If you have leftovers, I love eating the extra casserole as a chip dip! So, pull out the tortilla chips and finish it off that way!
I hope you and your family love this easy one-pan casserole!!
If you’ve tried this recipe, I’d love it if you’d comment and rate the recipe! I love to hear feedback and answer questions!
Make sure to pin this post for later too! Thanks, friends! Have a great day!
*This recipe was originally published in June 2015 and has been updated with new pictures, instructional video, and better information.