Each Summer I create a “What do we do in the Summertime” jar with fun ideas for the boys and I. I started this tradition because I use to feel like the whole summer passed us by before we knew it and before we had done any of the fun things I was planning.
My goal is that the items on the list are not too hard or too difficult that we don’t get them done. We try to draw three or four a week depending on how involved they are. A few of them are repeats because they were big hits or we didn’t get to them last year. I have included our new list here with links to the ideas if they have a tutorial or printable that goes along with them. I also offer it as a printable so you can print the list off and create your own jar. All you have to do is cut the list into strips and then add them to a jar. You can take the ideas off that don’t fit your family and add in your own ideas.
2. Water balloon fight
3. Make glow in the dark slime
5. Wash the car
7. Build a fort
9. Play dough
10. Squirt bottle water fight
12. Jump on the trampoline with ice cubes
13. Flashlight tag
14. Simple Chemistry Experiment: Clean Pennies with Vinegar
16. Write a letter to cousins with fun items under 13 oz
17. Water Balloon target practice
18. Backwards Day – Have dinner for breakfast and breakfast for dinner, eat dessert before lunch
19. Hold a bike wash
20. Sponge Tag
21. Organize a game of Dodge Ball
23. Play catch
25. Plan and create a picnic for your stuffed animals
26. Golf tee water gun target practice
27. Make cookies and visit a Grandma in the neighborhood
28. Plan a lemonade stand or bake sale and donate the money to a good cause
30. Create a Hot Wheels obstacle course
31. Visit the fire station
32. Have a paper airplane contest
34. Pick a snack from Moms Cooking for kids Pinterest board to make
35. Pencil top mosaic stamping
37. Lego Board Game
39. Sumo Wresting
40. Spaghetti and marshmallow creations
I updated my label too and am offering that as a printable too. It comes in 8 different colors.
For even more ideas check out our lists from 2011 and 2012. We cant wait to get started!
Want to keep up with us at Over the Big Moon….click here to learn how to subscribe!
This is great…how about something cool with bubbles…
Kelly at Little Wonders' Days
I love all your ideas, especially glow in the dark ring toss and write letters to cousins. I found you on pinterest. I’m hosting a Summer Bucket List Party so we can gather ideas from each other and I would love if you linked up this post. Here is the link http://littlewondersdays.blogspot.com/2013/05/come-join-summer-bucket-list-party-link.html
This is a great list for summer fun! I think its a great idea to have a list ready for the family to refer to. I wanted to add a suggestion and this may not be for every summer but even one summer in a lifetime will build skills, memories and interests for your kids like you wouldn’t believe. Do you research into some good summer adventure camps – for ideas visit Long Lake Camp Adventures. Thanks for the info – this is a great post!