Each Summer I create a “What do we do in the Summertime” jar with fun ideas for the boys and I. I started this tradition because I use to feel like the whole summer passed us by before we knew it and before we had done any of the fun things I was planning.
My goal is that the items on the list are not too hard or too difficult that we don’t get them done. We try to draw three or four a week depending on how involved they are. A few of them are repeats because they were big hits or we didn’t get to them last year. I have included our new list here with links to the ideas if they have a tutorial or printable that goes along with them. I also offer it as a printable so you can print the list off and create your own jar. All you have to do is cut the list into strips and then add them to a jar. You can take the ideas off that don’t fit your family and add in your own ideas.
2. Water balloon fight
5. Wash the car
7. Build a fort
9. Play dough
10. Squirt bottle water fight
12. Jump on the trampoline with ice cubes
13. Flashlight tag
17. Water Balloon target practice
18. Backwards Day – Have dinner for breakfast and breakfast for dinner, eat dessert before lunch
19. Hold a bike wash
20. Sponge Tag
21. Organize a game of Dodge Ball
23. Play catch
25. Plan and create a picnic for your stuffed animals
27. Make cookies and visit a Grandma in the neighborhood
28. Plan a lemonade stand or bake sale and donate the money to a good cause
31. Visit the fire station
32. Have a paper airplane contest
34. Pick a snack from Moms Cooking for kids Pinterest board to make
37. Lego Board Game
39. Sumo Wresting
I updated my label too and am offering that as a printable too. It comes in 8 different colors.
Want to keep up with us at Over the Big Moon….click here to learn how to subscribe!