This recipe is one that I can confidently say that you will thank me for after! This Creamy Garlic and Herb Mac N’ Cheese is legit one of my all time favorite dishes to make. I almost always take it as a side dish if we are invited to a get together or BBQ!
The flavors are like no other Mac N Cheese you’ve had! And you can even make it a little spicy by increasing the cayenne pepper if you’d like!
I am not even lying when I say that I eat the leftovers for breakfast, lunch and dinner until they’re gone. I can’t even help it! I have no power against it!
If you’re making it for only adults, I like to add a little bit more Cayenne pepper to give it a little kick!
CREAMY GARLIC AND HERB MAC N’ CHEESE
- 1 and 1/2 cups Ritz Crackers, crushed
- 2 cups grated Cheddar Jack
- 6 tablespoons unsalted Butter, melted (for crust)
- 5 cups cooked Elbow Macaroni (about 8 ounces uncooked)
- 1 container (6oz) Laughing Cow Swiss Garlic and Herb Cheese
- 2 tablespoons Unsalted Butter, cold
- 2 Large Eggs
- 1/2 cup Milk
- 1/4 cup Sour Cream
- 1/2 teaspoon Cayenne Pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- 3 strips of Cooked Bacon, chopped (optional)
- 1/2 cup grated Cheddar Jack (for the top)
- Preheating your oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease a 9x13 pan (I prefer glass).
- Either by hand or using a food processor crush 1 1/2 cups (approx 1 1/2 – 2 sleeves) of Ritz Crackers. I generally just put them in a large ziplock bag and use my rolling pin to crush them.
- Boil the noodles in a large pot on your stove top until al dente.
- While the noodles are cooking, combine the crushed Ritz crackers, 1 cup of the shredded Cheddar Jack Cheese, and the melted butter in a large bowl. Mix well until everything is combined and the entire mixture is wet.
- Press the mixture firmly down into the bottom of the greased pan.
- In a new bowl, combine the freshly cooked (still hot) macaroni noodles with 1/2 cup of the shredded Cheddar Jack, the Swiss garlic and herb cheese, and the butter. Mix everything together!
- In a third bowl smaller bowl, combine the eggs, milk, sour cream, cayenne pepper and salt. Mix with a whisk! Add the egg mixture to the cooked macaroni mixture, mixing everything until all the ingredients are melted!
- Dump the bowl of noodles & cheese mixture into the pan and spread it out.
- Top with cooked bacon if you want.
- Bake the mac n' cheese for approx 15-20 minutes in the oven, until everything is heated through and the cheese is melted.