Hey friends! My boys have been having hours and hours of fun this summer playing with these awesome Kids Rock Collection Kits we made them! And, today I am going to share with you the tutorial and how we made them! These rock collection kits will seriously provide your kids hours of exploring and collecting!!
– Art/Utility/Loom Container (these are called 100 different things, you can find them at any craft store)
– Lashing Strap (1″ wide)
– (2) 10-32×½ Flat Slotted Screw with Nut (found at any hardware store)
– (2) #10 Flat Washers
Follow the step by step instructions below.
1) Find a drill bit that is the same size as the end of your screw.
2) Take the bit you found, and drill holes evenly on each side of the handle.
It should look like the above picture, when you’re done drilling.
3) Take your lashing strap and cut it about 4″ from the latch.
4) Take a sharp knife and poke a hole in it about ½″ in from where you cut it.
5) To prevent fraying, take a lighter and burn the edge of the strap. Then take a washer and the machine flat slotted screw and push it through the hole of the strap.
6) Then push the screw through the hole of the kit that you drilled.
7) Put a nut on the back end of the screw and tighten it.
8) Take the other end of the strap and measure it to the length that fits your child and cut it. Then repeat the previous steps to attach it to your kit.
9) Connect the two ends of straps and by sliding the strap through the latch and adjust if necessary.
10) Download the Box of Rocks Kit Label and have your little one color it and then attach it to the front of their kit!
11) Have your little enjoy it for hours and hours and hours!
Thanks friends for reading along today and learning how to make your own DIY Kids Rock Collection Kit! Looking for some other fun summer activities, project or recipe? Check out these fun posts!