A delicious and classic recipe for an Easy Beef and Broccoli Stir Fry dinner! This recipe is super easy to double or triple if you’re feeding a large crowd. Serve over white rice.
Beef and Broccoli is one of my favorite recipes and today I wanted to share it with you! This recipe was originally given to me from a friend and I’ve tweaked it over the years! I really think it’s the best tasting beef and broccoli and I’m sure you’ll love it too!!
It’s a great meal to keep on a regular rotation for dinner, but it is also my go to dinner when we’re having friends over for dinner. It can feed a ton of people and doubling it is so easy.
WHAT IS THE BEST BEEF TO BUY FOR BEEF AND BROCCOLI?
You want to use a tender beef cut! My favorites are Sirloin, Flank, Tri-Tip, Ribeye, Top Loin, and Tenderloin. Then you’ll cut them into strips!
HOW DO YOU TENDERIZE BEEF FOR A STIR FRY?
If you have a cut of beef at your house that you need to use, that maybe isn’t as tender as you want. Then here are my two favorite ways to tenderize beef.
- Use an acid marinade! Marinade your meat for an hour beforehand and add some vinegar or wine to your marinade!
- Cook your beef at a lower temp, so that it doesn’t over cook. Overcooking your beef will make it tougher.
BEEF AND BROCCOLI TIPS AND TRICKS
If you’re going to be in a hurry around dinner time, I suggest prepping all your ingredients beforehand. You can trim and cut up your beef, cut your broccoli into smaller pieces and mix all your liquid ingredients together earlier in the day. I like to do it right before I do the breakfast clean up. For the broccoli, I like to make them small enough that the entire piece can be put into your mouth when you’re eating. No one likes have to take bites from their piece of broccoli. Store it all in the refrigerator, until you’re ready to cook! I generally just store the broccoli
Now let’s get to cooking!
HOW TO MAKE BEEF AND BROCCOLI STIR FRY:
- 1 pound Flank or Sirloin Steak
- ¼ cup low sodium Soy Sauce
- 2 tablespoons Sugar
- ¼ cup Apple Juice
- 2 tablespoons Cornstarch
- 1 Cup Water
- 2 Cups Fresh Broccoli, trimmed and cut into manageable sized pieces
- 4 tablespoons Oil
- 2-3 Cloves Garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons Sesame Oil
Start by trimming and cutting your steak into thin strips and set aside.
In a small bowl, combine the soy sauce, sugar, water, apple juice and cornstarch and set aside.
In a large skillet, stir fry the broccoli in 2 tablespoons of oil for 2-3 minutes, stirring constantly. You will see the color of the broccoli change. Do not overcook! You still want it to have a crispy to it! Once done, set it aside in a bowl.
Poor the remaining oil into the skillet and add the beef and cooked it until it’s well browned on all sides, but not fully cooked. Add the garlic and cook until fragrant, but not more than 1 minute.
Stir and pour the soy sauce mixture over the meat and cook until slightly it begins thickening. Then stir in the sesame oil.
Remove the skillet from heat and stir in the broccoli.
We like to serve this over white rice! ENJOY!
Looking for a printable version of this recipe! Look no further!!
Beef and Broccoli Over Rice
- 1 lb Sirloin Steak
- ¼ c Soy Sauce low sodium
- 2 Tbsp Sugar
- ¼ c Apple Juice
- 2 Tbsp Cornstarch
- 1 cup Water
- 2 c Broccoli Fresh
- 4 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 2-3 cloves Garlic Minced
- 2 tsp Sesame Oil
- Start by trimming and cutting your steak into thin strips and set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine the soy sauce, sugar, water, apple juice and cornstarch and set it aside.
- In a large skillet, stir fry the broccoli in 2 tablespoons of oil for 2-3 minutes, stirring constantly. You will see the color of the broccoli change. Do not overcook! You still want it to have a a little bit of a brunch! Once done, set it aside in a bowl.
- Poor the remaining oil into the skillet and cook the beef until it's browned on all sides, but not fully cooked. Add the garlic and cook until fragrant, but not more than 1 minute.
- Stir and pour the soy sauce mixture over the meat and cook until it slightly begins thickening. Then stir in the sesame oil.
- Remove the skillet from heat and stir in the broccoli.
- Serve over white rice! ENJOY!
EASY DINNER RECIPES TO DOUBLE OR TRIPLE
Looking for some other recipes that are easy to double or triple? Check these out!
- Homemade Pot Pie — this recipe makes TWO pot pies! Which would feed at least 12 people!
- Honey Lime Chicken Enchiladas — this recipe would be super easy to double! Plus, I love that you can make these ahead of time and just throw them in the oven an hour before dinner time!
- Ham and Swiss Sliders — this is great if your dinner is going to have some sides to go with them!
- Sour Cream Noodle Bake — I love this dish, because it feeds soooo many people even when not doubled. But, you could easily double this recipe and feed a whole team of kids! Tripling would be a little more challenging, because I don’t think most people have a pot big enough to boil triple the amount of noodles.
If you’ve tried this recipe, I’d love it if you’d comment and rate the recipe! I love to hear feedback and answer questions!