A thicker, simple 4 ingredient Fruit Dip that will have people asking you for the recipe! Serve with your favorite fruit and enjoy! It also makes a great frosting for cupcakes or a cake!
This 4-ingredient Fruit Dip is made with Cool Whip, cream cheese, sugar, and a strawberry puree and offers a versatile and thicker consistency. Perfectly paired as a delightful side or appetizer with your favorite fruits, but also doubles as a delicious frosting or dessert topper.
You will love this Cream Cheese Fruit Dip Recipe
his Easy Fruit Dip recipe truly stands out, and I’m thrilled to share why. With a consistency that’s thicker and creamier than your average fruit dip, it’s the luscious texture that elevates it to a whole new level. Not just a dip, it’s versatile enough to be a filling or frosting, shining in dishes like my Strawberry Shortcake Cream Cheese Trifle, or as an exquisite cupcake topping.
But the magic of this recipe doesn’t stop there. It has become a favorite among readers for very good reasons. Effortlessly simple to prepare and enjoyable year-round, making it a perfect fit for any occasion – from holidays to casual after-school snacks. Picture this: a bowl of this dip surrounded by vibrant fruit, ready to be devoured by eager guests or family members. It’s a guaranteed crowd favorite.
What you’ll need for Easy Fruit Dip with Cream Cheese
- Cool Whip: Adds creaminess and lightness to recipes.
- Cream Cheese: Provides a smooth, rich texture while adding a creaminess to the recipe.
- Sugar: Used to sweeten the recipe.
- Fresh Strawberries: Add natural sweetness and fruity flavor.
How to make Fruit Dip with Cream Cheese
Here’s how you throw this quick dip together!
1. Clean and cut your strawberries into small pieces.
2. Then use a fork to smash them up to a rough puree.
3. Make sure your cream cheese room temperature. Combine the Cool Whip, Cream Cheese, and Sugar with a hand mixer. I use an 8oz Cool Whip, but if you would like it a little less thick, then use a 12 oz Cool Whip. If you’re making it for the first time, I suggest buying the larger size and then mixing it to your liking.
4. Once the cream cheese, Cool Whip, and sugar are fully incorporated, add the strawberry puree and use your hand mixer on a low speed to incorporate the strawberries into the fruit dip.
Serve with whatever fruit you’d like and enjoy!
Make ahead instructions for this Fruit Dip Cream Cheese recipe
This fruit dip can be made ahead of time! Just make sure to cover it or store it in an air-tight container. It can be kept in the refrigerator for about a week!
What fruit to serve with this Easy Cream Cheese Fruit Dip
I say serve whatever your family or guests love the best! But to help, here is a list of my 8 favorite fruits to serve with my fruit dip!
- Blueberries – I use a spoon and put the blueberries and dip in the spoon at the same time!
What to do with leftover cream cheese fruit dip?
- Trifle Layer: Layer it with cake cubes, fruit, and whipped cream to make a quick trifle dessert. I’ve got this amazing recipe for a Strawberry Shortcake Trifle on my blog!
- Stuffed French Toast: Spread it inside slices of bread before dipping it in egg mixture and cooking to make stuffed French toast.
- Pancake or Waffle Spread: Use it as a spread for pancakes or waffles, topped with fresh fruit.
- Fruit Parfaits: Layer the fruit dip with granola and fresh fruits to make quick and tasty fruit parfaits.
- Dessert Topping: Use it as a topping for desserts like cheesecakes, pound cakes, or brownies for an extra creamy and fruity flavor.
- Smoothie Ingredient: Blend the fruit dip with your choice of fruits and a bit of milk or yogurt to make a creamy smoothie.
- Frosting for Baked Goods: It can serve as a frosting for cupcakes, muffins, or cookies.
- Dip for Snacks: Continue to use it as a dip for various snacks like pretzels, vanilla wafers, or graham crackers.
How to store Cream Cheese Dip for Fruit
- Transfer to an Airtight Container: Move the leftover dip into an airtight container. This helps to keep out moisture.
- Refrigerate Promptly: Cream cheese dips should be refrigerated as soon as possible and stored there.
- Consume Within a Few Days: Ideally, consume the cream cheese fruit dip within 3-5 days. The sooner you use it, the fresher it will taste.
- Stir Before Reusing: When you take it out of the refrigerator to use again, give it a good stir. This will help to redistribute the flavors and smooth out the texture.
- Freezing Not Recommended: Generally, it’s not recommended to freeze cream cheese fruit dip. Freezing can cause separation and texture changes due to the dairy components.
If you love this dip, make sure and check out these others appetizers all come together to create the perfect spread of starters for a party:
More Favorites from Over the Big Moon
Easy Cream Cheese Fruit Dip
- 1 8oz or 12 oz Cool Whip depending on preference
- 2 8 oz Cream Cheese softened
- ¾ cup Sugar
- 1 cup Strawberries cleaned and cut into small pieces
- Clean and cut your strawberries into small pieces. Then use a fork to smash them up to a rough puree.
- Make sure your cream cheese room temperature. Combine the Cool Whip, Cream Cheese and Sugar with a hand mixer.
- Once the cream cheese, cool whip and sugar are fully incorporated, add the strawberry puree and use your hand mixed on a low speed to incorporate the strawberries into the fruit dip.
- Serve with fresh fruit and enjoy!
Enjoy! This is such a great recipe and I really hope you, your friends, and your family love it as much as mine do!
If you’ve tried this recipe, I’d love it if you’d comment and rate the recipe! I love to hear feedback and answer questions!
Make sure to pin this post for later too! Thanks so much! Have a great day!