Glorified Taco Bowls are a family favorite dinner. This layered taco bowl contains Chili Cheese Fritos, a tangy hamburger mixture, lettuce, cheese tomatoes and more!
This is a great and fun dinner when you’re wanting something a little different! I got this recipe from a friend years ago it has become a family favorite!! It’s especially a great recipe when you’re having a get together and need to feed a lot of people buffet style!
EASY TACO BOWL
Another reason I love this recipe is because everyone can customize their bowl to their liking!
How to Make a Taco Bowl:
Layer bottom to top in this order: Chili Cheese Fritos, Hamburger mixture, shredded cheese, lettuce, tomato + any other toppings you’d like. I suggest Avocado and then either Sour Cream or Ranch Dressing.
One of the ingredients in this recipe is what sets it apart from other Taco Bowl recipes! The base layer is actually Chili Cheese Fritos! Yep you read that right! Also, the addition of the vinegar to hamburger mixture really takes the flavors to a new level!
How to Freeze Taco Meat:
I LOVE to double (or even triple) the hamburger mixture and then freeze any unused of the unused taco meat for a later dinner!
Allow the hamburger mixture to completely cool and freeze in an airtight container to ziplock bag. If freezing in a ziplock bag, make sure to remove all the air from the bag, before sealing.
To thaw, remove from the freezer and leave it in the fridge to thaw overnight. Or if you’re in a hurry, run it under warm water and then heat on the stovetop or microwave.
If you love this recipe, make sure to check these others out!
Now onto the Glorified Taco Bowl recipe!
TACO SALAD BOWL
- 1 lb Ground Beef
- 1/2 c Yellow Onion choppped
- 1 Pepper (color of your choice) chopped (optional)
- 1/4 c Brown Sugar
- 8 oz Tomato Sauce
- 1/2 c Water
- 2 tbsp Vinegar
- 1 tsp Garlic Salt
- 9.25 oz Chili Cheese Fritos
- 1 cup Cheddar Cheese shredded
- 1 Tomato chopped
- Brown Ground Beef on the stove. Once browned, add chopped onions and if you're going to add chopped peppers, add them now. Saute together for a 3-5 minutes.
- Add the brown sugar, tomato sauce, water, vinegar and garlic. Let simmer for 15 minutes on a medium low heat.
- Then layer bottom to top in this order: Chili Cheese Fritos, Hamburger mixture, shredded cheese, lettuce, tomato.
- Optional additional toppings: Avocado, Sour Cream, Ranch Dressing. Feel free to add anything else that sounds yummy to you too!
I hope you enjoy this recipe!
*This post was originally published in August of 2013 and has been updated!
Don’t forget to pin the image below to save this post!