This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Nature Nate's 100% Pure, Raw & Unfiltered Honey.. All opinions are 100% mine.
Learn how to make the best Chocolate-Covered Strawberries the easy way with this healthy recipe using coconut oil, cocoa powder, honey and vanilla!
I’ve got a couple kiddos who have a crazy obsession with chocolate-covered strawberries! So, I find on Sunday when I’m making brunch, if I also make a batch of chocolate-covered strawberries then they’re extra excited to eat!
With summer here, we have some extra time in the morning, so the other day we decided to make a fun brunch! Breakfast is one of our favorite meals of the day, and so once a week I like to make something extra yummy!
My kids always love getting into the kitchen and being a part of making snacks, but sometimes it can be challenging to have them all in there at the same time.
We decided to make chocolate-covered strawberries because it’s easy enough to have everyone help with it. I also made parfaits and Sour Cream Banana Bread!
How to Make Chocolate-Covered Strawberries
Using Nature Nate’s 100% Raw & Unfiltered Honey is a great way to ditch the processed sugar without compromising on taste! Another plus is that honey is sweeter than processed sugar – you can use less of it and still get the same depth of flavor and sweetness that your kids expect from their favorite foods!
I typically have all of the ingredients on hand, which makes it super easy, and the recipe comes together in just a few minutes!
These delicious treats are also a fun one to throw together for an after-school snack, b-day parties, holiday parties or even just a dessert after dinner!
Add your chocolate-covered strawberries to a yogurt parfait with granola and you have a delicious brunch that everyone is sure to love!!
5 MINUTE CHOCOLATE-COVERED STRAWBERRIES
Chocolate-Covered Strawberries Recipe
- 1 ½ Cup Coconut Oil
- ½ Cup Nature Nate’s Honey
- 2 tsp Vanilla
- 1 Cup Hershey’s Cocoa
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Rinse strawberries in cold water and dry with a paper towel.
- If your coconut oil is solid, warm it in the microwave until it becomes a liquid.
- Pour the Nature Nate's Honey and the vanilla into the coconut oil and whisk until completely mixed.
- Slowly add the Cocoa to the oil mixture as you mix it.
- Stir the chocolate mixture until it is completely smooth.
- Add additional honey for an even sweeter tasting chocolate.
- For a thicker chocolate place it in the fridge for 5 minutes until it begins to thicken just a little bit. Stir the chocolate again before dipping.
- Hold the strawberry by the leaves and dip it into the chocolate and let it drip before placing it on the parchment paper to set.
- For a thicker chocolate layer, dip the strawberry in the chocolate again after a few minutes.
- Optional: immediately sprinkle coconut flakes or chopped nuts onto the chocolate before it begins to set.
- Refrigerate until the chocolate is solid!
I have talked to several of my friends about the whole “letting kids help in the kitchen” thing, and quite a few of them have expressed to me that they generally don’t let their kids help because it is too big of a mess, it’s hard, takes too long, etc.
I TOTALLY UNDERSTAND! All those statements are true!
But, I seriously challenge all of you to let your kids come and join you in the kitchen! For one, I think teaching kid’s skills in the kitchen is important, but more importantly just because they have a lot of fun!!
I mean look at how hard he is concentrating! My middle child took the most pride in his strawberries! I hope you love this quick and easy recipe like my family does! Make sure to Find Nature Nate’s at a store near you!
It really is one for the books that you’ll use often! If you love the recipe, please check out these other yummy breakfast recipes:
If you love this recipe, I’d love it if you wanted to pin the images below! Thanks!