Are you drowning in Zucchini from your garden? Or you just can’t pass up the awesome prices on Zucchini at your grocery store? Well, I’ve got a great dinner idea for you! This Chicken Zucchini Casserole is always a welcomed dinner in our home during the summer months that Zucchini is coming out of our garden!
This casserole is easy to customize to the liking of your family! I got the recipe from my MIL and she makes it with Chicken, Zucchini and Onion. However, my husband doesn’t love onion. So, I’ll either only add 1/2 onion to the recipe or I’ll even substitute the onion for mushrooms or some carrots! So, do whatever you think your family will like the best!
- 4 cups zucchini - chopped
- 1/2 - 1 onion chopped
- 1 can cream of celery soup
- 1 pint (16 oz) of sour cream
- Chicken - one large can of chicken or 2 breasts cooked and shredded
- 1-2 boxes of Chicken Stove Top Stuffing (prepared)
- Saute the zucchini and onion in some butter. I generally only do 1/2 onion, because it's not my husbands favorite. But, if it was only me eating it, then I'd easily do the whole onion! If you are opting out of using an onion, then I high suggest you replace it with mushrooms or carrots. You will want the additional texture and taste.
- While the vegetables are sauteing get your box of Stove Top Stuffing cooking. Follow the directions on the box. If you are a stove top lover like me, then I like doing two boxes for
- Once the zucchini and onion are soft, add in your chicken, 1 can cream of celery soup and 1 pint of sour cream and mix.
- Grease the bottom of a casserole dish and put the zucchini mixture on the bottom. Then cover it with the now prepared Stove Top Stuffing.
- Cook at 350 for 30 minutes! Enjoy!
Happy eating and have a great weekend friends!!