Happy December 1st friends! The Christmas season is OFFICIALLY started in the Dana Home! The house is decorated, the kids got their Christmas Jammies last night, our Elf, Jasper, arrived! Next up Christmas Cookie Exchange! So, today I bring you a virtual Christmas cookie exchange and I’m sharing the yummiest Chocolate Turtle Cookie Recipe Here are 40+ delicious cookie exchange recipes so you can find the perfect cookie to take to the party this holiday season!
Be sure to follow along on the Cookie Exchange Pinterest board for year round cookie recipes!
- 1 cup Flour
- 1/3 cup Cocoa Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1 stick unsalted Butter, softened
- 2/3 cup Sugar
- 1 Large Egg, separated, plus 1 Egg White
- 2 tablespoons Milk
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1 1/2 cups Pecans, chopped
- 15 Soft Caramel Candies
- 3 tablespoons Heavy Cream
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees!
- In a bowl, combine butter and sugar and beat with an electric mixer on medium-high speed until it is light and fluffy (1-2 mins)
- Add egg yolk, milk, and vanilla and mix until combined.
- Combine flour, cocoa, and salt in bowl and mix. Add flour mixture and mix until just combined.
- Wrap dough in plastic wrap and refrigerate until firm - approx 1 hour.
- Spray baking sheets with cooking spray or line with parchment paper.
- Whisk the egg whites in bowl until frothy. Place pecans in another bowl.
- Roll dough into 1 inch balls, dip in egg whites, then roll in pecans (we also like walnuts).
- Place cookie balls on the baking sheets. Using 1/2-teaspoon measure, make indentation in center of each ball.
- Bake until set, about 12-14 minutes.
- Microwave caramels and cream in bowl for about a minute. Mix and if needed, microwave another 15-30 seconds until smooth!
- When the cookies are removed from the oven, softly repress the indentations.
- Fill each with 1/2-1 teaspoon caramel mixture.
- Cool 5-10 minutes and transfer them to the wire cooling rack.
Now check out all the other AH-MAZING cookie recipes from my talented blogging friends!!