Nutty Torte is a delicious layered dessert. The nut based crust, cream cheese layer, pudding layer and cool whip topping come together to create the perfect dessert.
I’m not exaggerating when I say that I literally hear the heavens singing every time I go to take my first bite of this dessert! I was introduced to this Nutty Torte Layered Dessert from my husbands Aunt over 10 years ago and my life has forever been changed. It will legit make you wonder where it’s been your whole life and you will never regret consuming those calories! haha!
I’m not going to lie, this dessert is a little more time consuming to prepare then I prefer. BUT, it’s SO worth it! The layers and layers of creamy goodness are just pure perfection!
I generally make it right after breakfast, so I can do the dishes with my breakfast mess!
There are instructions in the recipe below, but here’s a quick visual of the layers!
Make sure and check out these other yummy desserts:
- Super Soft Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Skor Bit Cookies – Toffee Filled Dough with a Melted Caramel Center!
- O’Henry Bars
- Frosted Cream Cheese Banana Bars
- Fudge and Mint Brownies
- Cake Box Snickerdoodle Cupcakes with Cool Whip Frosting
Layered desserts are some of my favorite desserts. Yes, they can be more time consuming, because you are having to cook or cool the different layers prior to adding the next loayer. BUT… they variety of flavors and textures make it well worth it! I’m sure you’ll love this as much as I do!
WHAT IS A TORTE?
A Torte calls for little to no flour and then uses ground nuts or breadcrumbs in its place. Where a traditional cake is made with sugar, eggs, butter and flour.
This particular recipe does use a little flour in the crust, but in the torte itself there is no flour.
Torte Layered Dessert
- 1 cup Flour
- 8 tbsp Butter Salted
- 2 tbsp Sugar
- ⅔ cup Walnuts Finely Chopped
- 8 oz Cream Cheese Softened
- 13 oz Cool Whip
- 2 boxes any flavor Instant Pudding I use 1 small chocolate and 1 large vanilla
- 1 ½ cup Powdered Sugar
- 2 ¾ cup Milk
- 1st Layer: Mix together: 1 cup flour, 1 stick butter, 2 tablespoons sugar and ⅓ cup finely chopped walnuts. Press into a greased 9x13 pan; Bake 8 to 10 minutes at 375 degrees. Cool fully. If you need to speed up the cooling process, feel free to put it in the fridge.
- 2nd Layer: Mix well and spread over 1st layer; 8 oz cream cheese (softened), 1 ½ cups powered sugar and ½ container of Cool Whip.
- 3rd Layer: Mix the 2 boxes of instant pudding with 2 ¾ cups of milk. Mix with a whisk until thickened and immediately pour over the 2nd layer. Do not refrigerate the pudding in the fridge until solid prior to pouring over the 2nd layer.
- 4th Layer: Top with remaining Cool Whip and sprinkle the remaining ⅓ cup finely chopped walnuts on the top! Refrigerate until ready to serve!
Don’t all those layers look divine?
Now are you so excited to try it? Put it on your upcoming menu for a family dinner, holiday party, BBQ or whatever! You won’t regret it!
Don’t forget to pin the button below!!