This is the ultimate cookie for chocolate lovers! This Chocolate Turtle Cookie is topped with a yummy caramel and rolled in chopped pecans!
Hey friends! I am excited to share this cookie with you today! I absolutely LOVE this cookie! The combination of the chocolate base, caramel and pecans is perfection! I especially get craving it during the holidays! So, it always makes an appearance at our Christmas parities, Cookie Exchanges and more! It’s a must try if you love Turtle candies!
The chocolate cookie base is soft and decandent and the perfect consistency! Prior to cooking them, just roll the cookie base in pecans, Then after cooking them, simply top them with a melted caramel! It’s TURTLE perfection!
If you love this cookie, then make sure and check out these other yummy cookie recipes:
- Super Soft Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Peppermint Candy Cane Sugar Cookies
- Peanut Butter Cake Box Cookies
- Skor Bit Cookies – Toffee Filled Dough with a Melted Caramel Center!
HOW TO MAKE CHOCOLATE TURTLE COOKIES
Chocolate Turtle Cookie Recipe
- 1 cup Flour
- ⅓ cup Cocoa Powder
- ½ teaspoon Salt
- 8 tablespoons Unsalted Butter softened
- ⅔ cup Sugar
- 1 Large Egg separated, plus 1 Egg White
- 2 tablespoons Milk
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1 ½ cups Pecans chopped
- 15 Soft Caramel Candies
- 3 tablespoons Heavy Cream
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees!
- In a bowl, combine butter and sugar and beat with an electric mixer on medium-high speed until it is light and fluffy (1-2 mins)
- Add egg yolk, milk, and vanilla and mix until combined.
- Combine flour, cocoa, and salt in bowl and mix. Add flour mixture to the wet mixture and mix until just combined.
- Wrap dough in plastic wrap and refrigerate until firm - approx 1 hour.
- Spray baking sheets with cooking spray or line with parchment paper.
- Whisk the egg whites in bowl until frothy. Place pecans in another bowl.
- Roll dough into 1 inch balls, dip in egg whites, then roll in pecans (we also like walnuts).
- Place cookie balls on the baking sheets. Using ½-teaspoon measure, make indentation in center of each ball.
- Bake until set, about 12-14 minutes.
- Microwave caramels and cream in bowl for about a minute. Mix and if needed, microwave another 15-30 seconds until smooth!
- When the cookies are removed from the oven, softly repress the indentations.
- Fill each with ½-1 teaspoon caramel mixture.
- Cool 5-10 minutes and transfer them to the wire cooling rack.
As I mentioned before, we especially love these during the Holidays! If you’re looking for other Holiday desserts, make sure to check these out two recipes that we always make during the holidays too!
Make sure and pin this recipe for later!