This is a salad that I used to make all the time, but somehow had forgotten about it the last 6 months to a year. Well, a while ago I came across the recipe and knew I had to make it! It’s one that all my family loves, in fact my sister and mom usually request it over my Chicken Bowtie Pasta Salad (which I LOVE LOVE). Here’s how you go about making it!
Start by cooking your Bowtie Noodles until al dente! While your noodles are boiling, combine all the dressing ingredients and combine until smooth. I personally like to use our Blendtec to do this.
Once your noodles are cooked, take 1 cup of the dressing and coat your noodles in the dressing and let marinate AT LEAST 1 hour.
Combine all the other salad ingredients into another bowl.
1 cup Canola Oil
1/2 cup bottled Teriyaki Sauce
1/3 cup Rice Vinegar
1/3 cup Apple Cider Vinegar
1/4 cup Sugar
1/2 teaspoon Salt
1/2 teaspoon Pepper
16 oz. Bowtie pasta, cooked al dente, drained and cooled
1 bag Fresh Spinach (Approx 10 oz)
2 cups Cooked Chicken, tossed with 2-3 tablespoons Teriyaki Sauce (I like to use shredded Rotisserie Chicken)
1/2 cup Craisins
2 (11 oz.) cans Mandarin Oranges, drained
4 Green Onions, thinly sliced (white and green parts)
1/4 cup Sesame Seeds, toasted
1/2 cup Honey Roasted Peanuts
1 (8 oz.) can Water Chestnuts, drained and slivered (optional)
1) Cook your Bowtie Noodles until al dente.
2) While your noodles are cooking, combine all the dressing ingredients and combine until smooth. I like to use my blender.
3) Mix about 1 cup of the dressing with the cooked pasta in a large bowl and marinate for at least one hour.
4) Combine the remaining salad ingredients in a large bowl.
4) Just before serving, add pasta and toss. Add dressing to taste and toss. Serve immediately.
Want to keep up with us at Over the Big Moon….click here to learn how to subscribe!
We may be linking this post up to THESE great Linky Parties!