These Easy Homemade Breadsticks can be made from start to finish in about an hour! They are perfect to serve with any meal that needs a bread – specifically Italian dinners, pizza and soups!
One of my favorite things to compliment my meals are these Homemade Breadsticks! I fell in love with this recipe, not only because they recipe is SO easy, but also because of the flavor! There’s a TINY hint of sweetness!
Confession! I’ve been making this recipe for about 12 years now, but it was the FIRST recipe I ever made that used yeast! Yeast was SO scary to me before using it. So, if you’re new to baking with yeast, PLEASE don’t run away! TRY THIS RECIPE! It’s almost impossible to mess up!
I ALWAYS get complimented when I make these and take them somewhere. They are especially a hit in the during the Fall months, when I make them with soups! I also love to serve them with Italian Meals or when I make Homemade Pizza!
Looking for some amazing meals to serve these breadstick with? Check these out:
- Garlic and Herb Mac N Cheese
- Mexican Taco Soup
- The BEST Broccoli Cheese Soup
- Sour Cream Noodle Bake
- Fiesta Chicken Casserole
- Skinny Chicken Divan
- Chicken Scampi
HOW TO MAKE HOMEMADE BREADSTICKS
I really hope you love this recipe as much as my family and friends do! I’m confident you will!
- 1.5 cups Warm Water
- 1 tbsp Yeast
- 2 tbsp Sugar
- 1 tsp Salt
- 4 cups Flour
- 8 tbsp Butter
- ¼ cup Parmesan Cheese
- 1 tbsp Garlic Powder
- Mix together the 1 ½ c warm water, 1 tbsp yeast and 2 tbsp sugar in your Kitchen Aid or Bosch bowl. Let sit for about 5 minutes (or until it becomes frothy).
- Add 1 tsp salt and 4 cups flour to your mixer bowl. I like to add the first 2 cups of flour and then slowly add the additional tow cups. If needed add a little over. You want the dough to pull away from the sides of the mixture and not be super sticky.Let the dough rise for 15-20 minutes.
- Take 8 tablespoons of butter and disburse it around a 12x17 Jelly Roll pan and place in the oven for a few minutes to melt the butter the oven.
- After the dough has risen for 15-20 minutes, place it onto a floured countertop and roll it out with a rolling pin a little bit smaller then your jelly roll pan.Use a pizza cutter, to then cut the dough into breadsticks. I like mine about 1.5" wide approx.
- Place the breadsticks one at a time onto the buttered jelly roll pan. I like to leave a little room between mine, so the butter fills the area around each breadstick. If you like, dip your basting brush in the butter and then brush the tops of your breadsticks with butter as well!Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and a little Garlic Powder.
- Let rise for about 20 minutes. Bake at 375 for 15-18 minutes, or until golden brown on top and edges.
HAVE YOU TRIED THIS RECIPE?
I’d love to hear what you thought! RATE and COMMENT below!