Chicken Bow Tie Pasta Salad is the perfect pasta salad for BBQs or potlucks! Bow tie noodles, chicken, green onions, grapes, apples, sliced almonds, and coleslaw dressing!
This Chicken Bow Tie Pasta Salad is not only one of my immediate families favorite salads, but also my extended family on both sides. I make this at least once a month and it is almost always at family gatherings! It’s a very easy salad to make and the flavors and texture cannot be beaten!
My favorite thing to do is make a giant bowl to serve with dinner on Sunday, and then I eat the leftovers for lunch the next few days!
HOW MANY PEOPLE DOES THIS SALAD SERVE?
If you’re serving this at a potluck or BBQ I would say it serves at least 12 people. If you’re serving it has a main dish then I would plan on it serving 8 people! If there are a lot of side dish options and people are giving small servings, I would bet that you could feed 15 with this recipe.
BOW TIE CHICKEN PASTA SALAD with GRAPES and APPLES
This variation is a bit different from a lot of Chicken Bow Tie Salads you see. I love having the fresh textures of the grapes and apples that you get in this recipe. I suggest using Gala or Fiji apples. I also always use Red Grapes. Not only does it add great color to the salad, but green grapes are too sour.
The green onions and sliced almonds give this recipe the crunch you need! I have also used slivered almonds when that’s all I have on hand and they work great too!
For the chicken, I like to boil and cube chicken breasts or use rotisserie chicken. I’ve even used canned chicken in a bind, but in my opinion, it’s not as good as the cubed or rotisserie chicken.
As for the dressing, I have always just used store-bought dressing and it works great. I generally use about ¾ of a 16oz bottle. But, that’s just my preference. Some may like it with more dressing. I also find that as I eat the leftovers, I need to add a bit more dressing.
HOW TO MAKE BOW TIE PASTA SALAD WITH CHICKEN
- Boil your noodles and rinse them with cold water. Place them in a large bowl and allow them to cool.
- While the noodles are boiling, chop your chicken, grapes, apples and green onions.
- Once the noodles are cooled, combine the noodles with the chopped ingredients and sliced almonds.
- Cover in Coleslaw dressing and enjoy!
What Else Could You Add to This Salad?
I have seen many variations of this salad and although this is my favorite version of it, I get that everyone may have other preferences. Here is a list of other
- Mandarin Oranges
- Water Chestnuts
- Pineapple Tidbits
- Cashews (instead of Almonds
Chicken Bow Tie Pasta Salad
- 16 oz Bow Tie Pasta Noodles
- 3 Chicken Breasts (Approx 3 cups cooked and cubed)
- 2 Cups Red Grapes halved
- 2 Apples chopped
- 1 C Sliced Almonds
- 1-2 Green Onions amount to your preference preference
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Cook your Bow Tie noodles until soft.
- Rince the cooked noodles in cold water and allow the noodles to cool for at least 1 hour.
- While the noodles are cooking and cooling, chop the chicken, grapes, apples and green onions.
- Once the noodles are cooled, add hte chicken, grapes, apples, green onion and almonds and mix together.
- Cover the salad with approx ¾ bottle of coleslaw dressing. If you like your salad sauce heavy, then feel free to add more.
YUMMY POTLUCK DISHES
If you’ve tried this recipe, I’d love it if you’d comment and rate the recipe! I love to hear feedback and answer questions!
Make sure to pin this post for later too! Thanks, friends! Have a great day!